Vista worth it?

HoboBen

Bioshock maxed out huh..... and what were your framerates?

Smooth enough that I never noticed any slowdowns, so I'd put a conservative guess at at least 30. Lemme fire it up and check.

EDIT: You'll have to give me a minute, Steam is updating BioShock and it's at 89%.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since when is F.E.A.R. DX10???

If you look back on the first page he thinks that you'll go from 120+ fps down to 46 in Vista on similar hardware.

I have run FEAR on my HTPC (with a 2600XT) without any trouble with almost everything maxed out. That little 2600XT ran HG:L beta near-maxed as well.

If you look back on the first page he thinks that you'll go from 120+ fps down to 46 in Vista on similar hardware.

I have run FEAR on my HTPC (with a 2600XT) without any trouble with almost everything maxed out. That little 2600XT ran HG:L beta near-maxed as well.

Its not think it does because there needs to be an update for the DVD Version of the game.

So duh performance loss in Vista just like I said it was. Is it the OS's fault no but it is a performance loss, it doesn't matter if its an ATI card or and NVidia card the game bombs out.

I will say this Bioshock is one of the most improved games in the last month or two since it first came out over any other game.

Do me a favour grab a few different video cards grab about a dozen games and start testing and you will see that framerates are all over the place in different benchmarks.

Maybe I'll have to find my FEAR disc and test it out.

I might do the same just to humor him.

Its not think it does because there needs to be an update for the DVD Version of the game.

So duh performance loss in Vista just like I said it was. Is it the OS's fault no but it is a performance loss, it doesn't matter if its an ATI card or and NVidia card the game bombs out.

I will say this Bioshock is one of the most improved games in the last month or two since it first came out over any other game.

Do me a favour grab a few different video cards grab about a dozen games and start testing and you will see that framerates are all over the place in different benchmarks.

In English please?

In regards to BioShock - I played it right off the bat as I had it preloaded on Steam (of course, I had to wait for 8 hours for it to decrypt). No problems.

I might do the same just to humor him.

Oh please do make sure you have the same hardware I have and it is the DVD version of the games since there has been no patch for it yet unlike the stupid CD version.

In English please?

In regards to BioShock - I played it right off the bat as I had it preloaded on Steam (of course, I had to wait for 8 hours for it to decrypt). No problems.

EDIT: Dammit I missed the timeout for combining posts again. :(

As did I but my XP scores are better in almost everything then Vista with a few exceptions here and there.

Oh please do make sure you have the same hardware I have and it is the DVD version of the games since there has been no patch for it yet unlike the stupid CD version.

I have the DVD version.

Anyway - FRAPS reports the following from loading up BioShock in DX10 mode with everything maxed out at 1920x1080: 48 FPS average. That's with vsync on btw.

As did I but my XP scores are better in almost everything then Vista with a few exceptions here and there.

I never disputed this. I said that the differences are nowhere near as drastic as you make them out to be.

I have the DVD version.

Anyway - FRAPS reports the following from loading up BioShock in DX10 mode with everything maxed out at 1920x1080: 48 FPS average. That's with vsync on btw.

I never disputed this. I said that the differences are nowhere near as drastic as you make them out to be.

You have the US version correct I have the UK version.

They are high in some games weather you believe it or not.........

Again performance loss is a loss pretty simple concept.

Turn your vsync off and tell me if you get higher not.

Turn your vsync off and tell me if you get higher not.

I don't play with vsync off, the tearing bothers me.

EDIT: Fear runs a constant 60 FPS with vsync on. It averages about 100 with vsync off. This is with in game settings at maximum at 1920x1080.

I don't play with vsync off, the tearing bothers me.

EDIT: Fear runs a constant 60 FPS with vsync on. It averages about 100 with vsync off. This is with in game settings at maximum at 1920x1080.

That seems pretty high try 1024