Californian Judge Orders Illegally Modified Honda Civic To Be Crushed

road-runner

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This almost reminds me of the time I was leaving work and a cop happened to be paying his bill. He then proceeded to pull me over in the parking lot (private property) and tells me he is going to be writing me a ticket for having illegal tinting on the car. I had bought the car with the tinting on there, took it down to the state police station to get their opinion on it and they said it was fine. Anyway, he acts all macho getting out of the car and tells me he is going to give me a ticket and have the car towed. I of course was like what the heck man, were in a bloody private parking lot, it doesn't work that way. He left and I went back into work for half an hour or so to make sure he was gone. I eventually had to get the tinting removed as he pulled me over half a dozen times after that.

ahhhh, gotta love Johnny law.

What's your point? If it was using stolen parts like that, and with the history behind the moron owner, then it deserves to be off the road. And besides, it was a civic :P.

My point was that he was happy that another guy with the "i think i have a race car" mentality was off the road...but in my experience the worst offenders are the ones who buy cars that are relatively quick stock.

I understand it's "just a Civic" but I have respect for all cars whether I like them or not. If you can make a Pinto go 200 MPH that's damn impressive and I sure as hell want a ride. :lol:

Ah, an excellent point you bring up. Especially with moronic parents who buy whatever their kids ask of them, and get them super fast sports cars for their first cars. It's much better to learn to drive in a slower car so you actually learn how to drive and handle things faster and easier, then it is to hop in a 500+ HP Z28 (Puck :P) the day you turn 16. At least, my 165 HP Caprice was pretty fun to learn to handle with, and allowed me to handle corners much easier with my Neon.

Regarding a 200 Mph Pinto... shotgun :D. I can definately respect those who put serious work and effort into their car, and would respect someone who has something about as powerful as my Grand Marquis was but put their heart and soul into making it what it is much more than someone with a heavily modded 487 HP z28 and can't tell their OptiSpark from their oil filter (true story on another forum).

But in the end, your Civic/Neon/Cavalier will still crumple like a tin can when you hit one of my yachts :D.

PS Oldfett, next time something like that happens, check your local window tint laws (I know Iowa it has to allow at least 70% of light in), and get something to show that it's legal. Then, he'll stop pulling you over after that :P.

I can definately respect those who put serious work and effort into their car, and would respect someone who has something about as powerful as my Grand Marquis was but put their heart and soul into making it what it is much more than someone with a heavily modded 487 HP z28 and can't tell their OptiSpark from their oil filter (true story on another forum).

But in the end, your Civic/Neon/Cavalier will still crumple like a tin can when you hit one of my yachts :D.

PS Oldfett, next time something like that happens, check your local window tint laws (I know Iowa it has to allow at least 70% of light in), and get something to show that it's legal. Then, he'll stop pulling you over after that :P.

Modding cars is a hobby that should be respected no matter what car people chose to work on. If anyone can make something quick out of something that wasnt, they should be respected. It is when the opposite holds true that it gets on peoples nerves...throwing a CAI and a body kit on an accord does not mean it is fast, and people should not act like it is. I blame a lot of that on just not knowing - kind of how computer companies can make "polished turd" parts like Thermaltake cases and crappy heatsinks and the new guys buy them all up - if they have blue lights they must be performance! There is a lady at my job who to this day swears her boyfriends "riced out" prelude is faster then my car...with only intake, crazy annoying exhaust...and body kit/undercar lights/paintjob. It looks like a spaceship but it is slow as hell XD Her automotive knowledge comes from "The Fast and The Furious" though, so it is not her fault :)

About the kids flaunting off their brand new sports car or something that their parents just bought them, that is someting else annoying. If they never even changed their own oil, they have no right to criticize others cars while praising their own. Kind of reminds me of a very entertaining post on a camaro forum where a guy was going through hell changing his plugs. He had no clue what he was doing, and I kid you not he said (exact quote)

wait wait wait lol ive been wrong about everything lol those things by the manifold are the injectors i thought they was the spark plugs WTH

:lol:

Anybody else hear the guy in the video say, "illegally stolen parts"? I want to know what a legally stolen part is.
rofl3.gif

Some people just like to over hype things by stating things with unnecessary add-ins...

Hey, redundancy never hurts :P. That's why we have RAID.

I agree fully Puck. What's even worse are the muffler tips they sell at Autozone... "Bolt this chunk of aluminum with a 7" diameter to your exhaust and FEEL THE POWER!" When my Caprice was running with the muffler rusted out, I'd LOVE to pull up beside ricers and give it a bit of throttle. Drowned out their puny little weedwhackers :lol:.