question about coretemp

mattwalter85

when i have coretemp open the temps of my two diff cores are never the same....is this normal???? core 0 is always like half the temp of core 1..ie..... core 0-11C core 1-24C????? this doesn't make any sense to me. maybe i have a bad version of the program or something. somebody plz help.

when i have coretemp open the temps of my two diff cores are never the same....is this normal???? core 0 is always like half the temp of core 1..ie..... core 0-11C core 1-24C????? this doesn't make any sense to me. maybe i have a bad version of the program or something. somebody plz help.

It's normal for them to be a little different depending on the cpu. My last cpu they were vasly different, my new they are closer together but still a little different .

If one core is loaded (a single core app at 100% load on one core) then one core will be hotter than the other, but even then only a few degrees... mine are:

idle 47/45

single core load 52/48

if it's a massive difference, I'd say something very serious is happening like the heatsink is only making contact on one side...

but... your temps just look wrong... 11

all im running is coretemp. i dunno but as long as it stays cool doesn't matter to me. im runnin stock right now anyway since its like EXTREMELY hard to oc' this pos amd and keep it stable

What are your temps?

What are your temps?

wel right now i just checked and core 0 is 8C and core 1 is 22C????

when i first click on coretemp to open it this little window pops up and it says revision G CPU found! and i click OK.. i dont know if tahts normal or not but yea....maybe i need a diff version of the program. the version i have is.. 0.95

wel right now i just checked and core 0 is 8C and core 1 is 22C????

when i first click on coretemp to open it this little window pops up and it says revision G CPU found! and i click OK.. i dont know if tahts normal or not but yea....maybe i need a diff version of the program. the version i have is.. 0.95

That's interesting... can you post a screenshot?

how do i take a screen shot without being in a 3d program where fraps is running?

Have the program in the foreground, hold [ALT], and press [Print Screen]. Then just open up Paint, paste, and save.

Have the program in the foreground, hold [ALT], and press [Print Screen]. Then just open up Paint, paste, and save.

\

see if this works---

i cant never figure out why they always show up like that and not as just the pic so everyone can see...

Edited by mattwalter85