Noctua presents NT-H1 high-end thermal compound‏

Guest christopher3393

Guest christopher3393

Vienna, 13th November 2007 - Noctua presented today a new premium-grade thermal compound for enthusiasts who demand both exceptional performance and maximum ease of use: NT-H1 is a hybrid compound of different micro-particles that allows for minimum thermal resistance, excellent ease of use and outstanding long-term stability. "Many current TIM solutions have drawbacks either in terms of performance or ease of use", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "Enthusiasts in particular, who frequently change their coolers, demand both first class performance and trouble-free handling though. Our NT-H1 combines these two features and provides all the performance, reliability and quality that Noctua users have come to expect from our products." NT-H1 exhibits extremely low thermal resistance as well as excellent pliability and spreadability. As a result, the compound is not only highly efficient but also very easy to use because there's no need to smear it over the heat-spreader: Put one drop of NT-H1 onto the centre of your CPU, install the cooler and that's it! NT-H1 provides top performance right from the start and doesn't require a longer "burn-in" time. If you happen to make a mess, that's no problem at all: NT-H1 is not electrically conductive and fully compatible with all materials commonly used in PC environments. In addition to its excellent performance and handling, NT-H1 provides decisive advantages in terms of reliability and long-term stability: Thanks to its exceptional curing, bleeding, dry-out und thermal cycling characteristics, NT-H1 can be used for several years without any problems. NT-H1 is not only suited for air and water cooling, but also for use with compressor coolers: Even at the very lowest temperatures, the paste delivers full performance and remains easy to clean off. Price and availabilityNT-H1 is available with immediate effect in syringes of 1.4ml, which is sufficient for at least 15 applications. The suggested retail price is EUR 7.99 / USD 8.99.

So if you look through all the marketing hype, they're basically saying it's the same thing as AS5/ASC... :rolleyes: I'll wait until I see some real performance numbers before I say much else.

qft

also chris, if you're going to post news, pictures, links, maybe even a benchmark if available... any or all would do wonders for the post ;)

Why in the heck are you spreading anything? :blink: Everyone including Arctic Silver has been saying not to do that for years, but for some reason people still do. All you need is a small bead (or a thin line), then put the heatsink on.

Why in the heck are you spreading anything? :blink: Everyone including Arctic Silver has been saying not to do that for years, but for some reason people still do. All you need is a small bead (or a thin line), then put the heatsink on.

:withstupid: I think I spread it two or three times when I first started back in 2003, untilI read the instructions..