water cooling

philbrown23

Well I've been seing water cooling coolant all over the place and am wondering if there is a big difference between just plain water and coolant? If so how BIG of a difference? :withstupid:

Well I've been seing water cooling coolant all over the place and am wondering if there is a big difference between just plain water and coolant? If so how BIG of a difference? :withstupid:

You need some type of corrosion preventative and a biocide and the rest distilled water. I personally use Pentosin G11 Coolant Additive and "PT_Nuke" Concentrated Biocide.

You need some type of corrosion preventative and a biocide and the rest distilled water. I personally use Pentosin G11 Coolant Additive and "PT_Nuke" Concentrated Biocide.

If I bought like th thermaltake liquid coolant or some other liquid coolant would I still have to add anything or are those ready right out of the bottle?

If I bought like th thermaltake liquid coolant or some other liquid coolant would I still have to add anything or are those ready right out of the bottle?

Don't buy coolant, it's pointless.

Distilled water + zerex and I haven't touched it in a year now. Before that, it was a year before I cleaned it last.