What games are you buying this Nov?

WhenKittensATK

it does actually add more capabilities in graphics programming, but almost all of them seem to be made available by making graphics card capabilities mandatory... Shader Model 4.1 (DX10.1) vs Shader Model 4.0 (DX10) I'm not sure about yet...

I wouldn't wait for a "DX10.1" card though... that'd be like waiting for a Vista SP1 mouse or something :lol:

From what I've read, all those things that DX10.1 makes mandatory are already available/capable in DX10, and thus there is no need for a DX10.1 card.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i was looking at release dates for ps3 games and all I gotta say is....OMG!!

These are the games that i wanna get for ps3 b4 xmas:

Jericho

Juiced 2

Call Of Duty 4

Folklore

Assassin's Creed

Half-Life 2: The Orange Box

Unreal Tournament III

Need For Speed: ProStreet

Haze

Army Of Two

Burnout: Paradise

Metal Gear Solid 4

These are ones just after xmas (before end of march):

Battlefield: Bad Company

Driver 5

Gran Turismo 5

Resident Evil 5

Killzone

The Getaway

Condemned 2

Little Big Planet

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Tekken 6

Grand Theft Auto IV

thats only about....erm.....

From what I've read, all those things that DX10.1 makes mandatory are already available/capable in DX10, and thus there is no need for a DX10.1 card.

The simple stuff like antialiasing is something that is already available...

but the indexable cube maps, bitwise copying and on-the-fly compression/decompression of textures, and advanced blending, may not all be available on current DX10 cards...

I'd like to be able to tell you if the capabilities exist on my 8800GTS 640, but I don't know specifically what each capability is named, I have the developer tools in the latest DirectX SDK so it might provide a DXCAPS query tool

I highly doubt developers will produce code that require DX10.1, but there is always the possiblity that games may start to use some of the advanced stuff as they make things a lot easier and efficient for programming