What games are you buying this Nov?

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Your rig shouldn't have any problems running either of them :)

I know the games would probably run on my comp but I like playing games I get on maxed out settings and this rig will probably only get me as far as medium-low graphics detail level.

What size monitor do you have? My rig, which is quite similar actually (only that my processor is faster, but I don't think that matters as much), 8800GTS 640MB and the 2900XT are on one level I think. I get (at 1680x1050) around 30-40 fps in Crysis, with everything maxed out, except Textures, Shaders and Post Processing. It still looks AMAZING!

What size monitor do you have? My rig, which is quite similar actually (only that my processor is faster, but I don't think that matters as much), 8800GTS 640MB and the 2900XT are on one level I think. I get (at 1680x1050) around 30-40 fps in Crysis, with everything maxed out, except Textures, Shaders and Post Processing. It still looks AMAZING!

My monitors max resolution is the same as yours. I thought crysis was one of those windows vista only games because of its requirement to use DX10?

Black Box

Hellgate London

World in Conflict

Garry's Mod

Wasn't Black Box canceled like 6 months ago?

Anyway, Gmod and possibly Orange box. I'm building a new rig in May or June, so I'll hold off on most of my game purchases until then. I just don't think Crysis is going to be much fun on a P4 2.6, X1600 Pro, and monitor capable of displaying 1024x768 max. :(

However, my new rig will have an overclocked Penryn and nVidia or ATI's latest and greatest. Now that will be fun.

My monitors max resolution is the same as yours. I thought crysis was one of those windows vista only games because of its requirement to use DX10?

Wrong! You can run it in DX9 mode, it's pretty sweet (I have the beta) :) In Windows Vista you can run it with DX10, but IMO, other than a couple of cool rays of light, there's not that much of a difference...

In Windows Vista you can run it with DX10, but IMO, other than a couple of cool rays of light, there's not that much of a difference...

:blink: Have you seen the difference? It's far far more than a couple rays of light...

Wasn't Black Box canceled like 6 months ago?

I got it with my 2900XT a few months ago.