Dropped SMP :0(

kendellrt

My electric bills are getting outragous, so I am going to have to keep the PC turned off more often. I know I can't meet the SMP deadlines this way, so I went back to regular folding as a service with the new v6 beta client. I guess I should get prepared to be passed up. It's sad after how many spots I have taken over using SMP.

For much the same reason i too have dropped production, though it's more of a gateway laptop folds 24/7 and Shuttle XPC anytime its one (sadly not too much these days) with the v5 client atm. The main rig runs through a few SMP units aweek usualy depending on how often I start up VMware and the server ocasionally run the windows SMP beta.

With so many days over 90 this year here in NC the AC's been working doubletime to feep things cool and it was time to let F@H take one for the team around here. I'll likely hold out until sometime around the first of the year to recoup some of the increased cost before firing things back up for the rest of winter. Either that or sell of some stuff to make it a little less tempting to kill the power bill :)

RR? News Editor ? When did this happen and Grats. nooo.gif

Dave ask me if I wanted to help out. Yes it has been hot here also, but its supposed to get down in the 60s tonight. I am thinking about adding a couple more rigs.

• 3 weeks later...
good stuff Waco, hope to see you in the top20 soon :)

I dunno about that, it'll take a while. I'm still sitting at ~80k points from a couple years back. :lol:

When they figure out folding for the 2900XT and 2600XT I'll make a nice jump though. :)