OCC Staff: We need YOU!

sdy284

In preparation for CES 2008 we at OCC are looking at bringing a few more people onto the team to cope with the load that CES will bring & the inevitable growth that OCC will experience in the next few months. We're looking for the following:

• At least 2 - 3 mods, guys that are on late or up really early, guys in odd times zones will be a big help.
  • At least 2 - 3 more review editors
  • At least 3 - 4 more news editors
  • At least 3 - 4 more reviewers

All resumes are to be sent to [email protected]

Details & requirements on the positions can be found HERE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former OCC staff member (I posted news :P. Resigned due to personal reasons), I'd recommend anyone seriously interested send in a resume. The atmosphere is friendly, sdy can actually be understanding at times, and I learned a bit about one of life's lessons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello OCC team.

My name is Mike Korman, but go by the alias of 'SepheronX'. I am often on tech sites and forums, constantly chatting about the past, present and future of computer hardware, along with gaming.

I used to own a review site of my own, and did a lot of news articles and reviews of my own. The site was called CGU tech (CGU standing for Computer gaming union), but was abruptly shut down due to issues with some members not being compliant with the rules of engagment on the site.

Anyway, I am only 18 and my current job is in the security force, in hopes to save up enough for university (taking film and video productions), and hope to either make a bit of money here and there, or simply help out as much as I can. Also, due to my current position, I am pretty much behind a computer late at night/early in the morning, such as 10pm-12am going to 10am in the morning (between 6am and 10pm on weekdays I am unavailable due to morning parking controle).

You are probably wondering were I live, and to answer that, I live in Calgary Alberta, Canada. So current time I am writing this, is 1:06AM on Wednesday, October 24.

This is not my actual resume, as I am just explaining myself before I get to the actual question. The question is, since you have a forum mod position open, are you in still need of one? Since I am opened to take that position, as I am usually on forums all the time (and your forums seems to be one of the few not blocked at my work) so I can be on pretty much all the time. Also, I have good peoples skills, along with pretty decent english comprehension skills, allowing me to also write news articles and mabe reviews.

With this information I provided to you, please inform me if you are indeed interested or questioning. I am eagerly awaiting a reply to your statements, and hope to become one of the team in the future.

Thank you for your time and patients.

Sincerely,

Mike Korman

P.S. As for the email, the free one is temporary. I can and will obtain a new, non free, web email address. So no worries there.

Edited by sepheronx

I'm sorry I know this is a n00b question, but how exactly do we get the stuff to review? Even further, do we get to keep the stuff or how soon do we have to send it back (as a reviewer)?

Edited by Crow47

Alright, thank you for the reply.

I could be a reviewer. So If I create a review for you (will be purchasing a HD 2900 GT real soon), and send you my rendition of the review, I could be qualified into becoming a reviewer?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
ok here's my question.... why does it have to be a non-free e-mail? I'm sure all the positions are filled (even if they weren't I'm in no way ready to be a staff member of occ yet :) ).

it's more genuine i suppose. those are much easier to track if we do happen to get a 'scammer' in our midst. not sure what they could do, but you never know.

man, i wish i was still part of the team. full time student and full time employee at ccity doesn't leave enough time to dedicate to what the site deserves. i know i was only a news boy, but either way contributing to the site is always a good feeling.

whoever gets a position, you're going to be working with some really great people.