Anyone knowledgeable about Laserdiscs?

Andrewr05

Would anyone happen to know about laserdisc prices?

or have a site in which I can look up some prices?

I have:

The original StarWars on LD (before JL decided to make TESB and ROTJ) (1982)

Godzilla (1983)

Monty Python: Life of Brian (1979)

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1975)

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1984)

The Road Warrior (1983) (Mel FTW!!)

The Blue Lagoon (1982)

WARLORDS of the 21st Century (1983)

Walt Disney: A Walt Disney Christmas (unknown date)

Walt Disney: Swiss Family Robinson (1983)

Walt Disney: The Absent Minded Professor (1960?)

John Wayne TRUE GRIT Discs 1 & 2 (1969)

No idea on disc quality or whether they have rot or not...

Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaserDiscs do suffer from disc rot more than CDs, especially early ones as the layers were bonded incorrectly or with the wrong adhesive, so it's worth checking them out before selling. As far as I know $20 for a mint condition disc is about right, obviously varies depending on the rarity. I know someone who might be interested, so I'll get back to you tomorrow ;)

umm.. aren't those those giant CD looking things? I think I saw one of those once. Where'd you find those relics?
Yes they are Record sized video discs that came out before DVD and were competing with DVD for a bit.

I work for my brother in laws trash company we do clean outs (cleaning out garages, attics, basements, etc) and regular rubbish routes and today I struck gold (potentially).

I found these LD's, a crap load of old video games (Intellivision, Atari, NES) a Samsung flatscreen (that I've yet to try out) and 2 wireless routers (NETGEAR WGR614 v5 and a NETGEAR FM114P, assumed to be working)

Are you replying to the the laserdiscs from the early 80's?
YES
As far as I know $20 for a mint condition disc is about right, obviously varies depending on the rarity. I know someone who might be interested, so I'll get back to you tomorrow ;)
$20 seems to be the norm so far.

If that guy is in the UK unless he wants to pay hefty shipping then don't bother :D

All I could find on their website was > THIS < so maybe $85/3 = ~$28 for StarWars
Hopefully its more, I believe it is the original version (as I stated above) before he decided to make anymore.

It is just titled Star Wars...

Edited by Andrewr05

Pizza is always good...

Sorry, I had to :lol: Those things always cracked me up when they were "running" against the DVD. But anyways, have fun with your new found toys.

Edited by The Unforgivin

So far I've found out that all the Atari and Intelivision games are approximately $3 each... :D

Pictures of the router/firewall/servers I found:

WGR614 Wireless Router:

router11pj9.th.jpg

router21uo3.th.jpg

NETGEAR FM114P ProSafe Wireless Firewall/Print Server:

router12up0.th.jpg

router22sy6.th.jpg

Edited by Andrewr05

Info on the StarWars LD:

Release Format: RCA CED (Capacitance Electronic Disc)

Release Date: 1982

Studio: 20th Century Fox Video & CBS/FOX

Technical Comments: 1.33:1 pan and scan transfer with Linear Stereo Audio (Mono Compatible)

Comments: One CED disc (Cat# 1130-90). Released first under the 20th Century Fox Video logo and then under the rarer CBS/FOX

Other Comments: The film is time-compressed at 118 min. to fit the 120 min. CED limit

:ph34r:

Check this link out

Every release of "A New Hope" on every format in chronological order, I'd never have guessed that there were so many...