Am I Right?

Trakfast11

hey, just started folding to days ago and i've got a quick question. i noticed that the speed at which the frames completed for the 3 different WUs had little to do with the amount of frames in the WU.

my first WU had 500 frames and each one completed in about 6 minutes.

my second one had 200 frames and eache frame completed in 13 minutes.

my third one had 200 frames and each frame completed in 3 minutes.

atfirst i thought that the more frames you had, the easier each frame would be and would therefore explain why each of the frames in my first 500 were faster than the ones in my 200 one.

then when the third WU was going it disproved my hypothesis since it had few frames and had small amount of minutes per frame.

also i noticed that the first wu gave me a score of 33, while the second one increased it 116 (change of 83), and the 3rd increased it to 139 (a change of 23).

from this i am thinking that since the second one took the most time to complete each frame, it gave me a higher score for completing that WU? and the ones that took very little time to complete each frame gave me a small score change even though one of them hand 500 frames and the other 200 frames.

has anyone else been noticing results simular to mine? or what have you noticed to be true about yours?

I still haven't been able to figure it out.

I have the console version and it changes every time. Sometimes it doesn't give frames, it just gives the dynamic steps.

The 500000 steps took anywhere from, 7 to about 25 minutes for each frame. Now I have a 400 frame one going and it's doing 1 frame every 7 mins. So I think it just depends on the WU.

my computer averages about 10hrs. per WU no matter which one it is crunching. And believe me ive calculated them all(way to much free time) no matter how many frames they have had wether it be 400, 100, or 50000 dynamic steps, it usually takes me about 10 hrs per work unit.

i wonder if it would be possible to do the same project wus if you wanted to. That way you could choose which ones you wanted to do. that would be cool. Like doing just p542_BBA5_N in water project wus. i dont know, does anybody else?

i wonder if there aren't other projects that give between 20 to 50 points that might be more effective at gaining points than the 70pt units that take an extra long time. there may be better projects that give you a greater score/time ratio than the 70pt ones. That would be very cool to find out. not sure how easily this could be figured out, or if it even matters since the projects are randomly assigned anyway.