I think I have waited long enough

gotdamojo06

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant find a 6850...

Switched out the old board for the<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813128323" target="_blank">

GA-695P-DQ6</a>

I would get the P35 DQ6 if you going P35 which according to what I have read are faster than the 965 chipset. If your going 965 then that is fine. The P35 will have you ready for 45nm chips and is 1333 FSB ready I am not sure if the 965 DQ6 has 1333 FSB support. It may with a bios update.

Edit: Yes they fixed that with a bios update Version 3.3 only

Edited by road-runner

E6850, I'm tellin' ya! For the same price as the E6600, which may be phased out anyway, it seems like an easy choice to me. Of course, we don't know how they will perform yet, either.

Alright I will check that stuff out later when I wake up, its now time for some sleep...thanks for the help Bleeble and everyone else

CPU Cooler - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme - $54.99

HDD - WD Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB - $74.99

With the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme, what size fan can fit on it? Is there enough room on the opposite side for a secondary fan? Does anyone have one?

It fits a 120mm fan and there is definitely enough room on the other side for a second one. I have the Ultra-120 (same thing with fewer heatpipes) and it's not nearly as big as the Tuniq Tower. You'll just have to find a way to secure the second 120. I would suggest one or two of the Yate Loon fans from here, specifically the D12SM or D12SH.

And as everyone else has been saying, quadcore is a waste of money. Get the E6850. Failing that, the E6600 is a good choice.