Antec Neopower & MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, in the Neopower, you could *barely* see the difference because everything is rammed so tight in that psu... and for the K8N Neo2 Platinum yeah I guess you could see the difference, but I didn't think they would be all that exciting as photos... also, after that much desoldering and soldering, I just wasn't in the mood to take pictures lol

well, in the Neopower, you could *barely* see the difference because everything is rammed so tight in that psu... and for the K8N Neo2 Platinum yeah I guess you could see the difference, but I didn't think they would be all that exciting as photos... also, after that much desoldering and soldering, I just wasn't in the mood to take pictures lol

I forbid you to make such excuses! :lol:

Yes Mistress!

After a couple 48+ hour runs of SP2004, I might take the whole rig apart to take yer bloody pictures...

...if you're lucky! :lol:

Don't sweat it tho - they are pretty redundant without before and after shots, but then I suppose it wasn't performed with the intention of being a worklog. I'm just being picky :D

Don't sweat it tho - they are pretty redundant without before and after shots, but then I suppose it wasn't performed with the intention of being a worklog. I'm just being picky :D

No worklog - no post! He took the time to individually name all of the caps and the replacements, but can't take pics, Bah-Humbug! Action pics would have been good, though. Some people would actually like to learn this stuff, I'm sure.

Hey nrg, I'll help you out. You take the new pics, I'll take the old :) My neo2 is sitting on a shelf, so no de-installation necessary! I get the feeling it's in a photogenic mood, too :P

Apart from having a Zalman chipset cooler, it should suit the "before" pictures nicely :)

I've never removed a soldered cap, and I'm kind of curious about your process too. Is it hard to maintain enough heat on both pins simultaneously so that it'll come off the board? It seems like if you heat one, and then the other, the first will cool before the second one's hot. Do you have to kind of "shimmy" the pins out little by little, one pin at a time? Details, please!