To wide screen or not to wide screen?

go widescreen, feels like it is becoming the standard. It is better for just about everything because you see more. Most games are also compatible with wide screen now. Im selling a good one if you are interested, check out my post in the market place.

Went to bestbuy today, they were sold out of the westinghouse's and the acers. So I bit the bullet and popped $199.99 on a Mag Innovision http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1168044601734

with a 1600:1 contrast ratio more than twice that of the westinghouse and acer with a 2ms response time this monitor is amazing. It's almost like I bought a new video card it looks soo much better now. I am a happy camper with it now :)

Argh it seems that the monitor went on sale for $30 less also they have a LG 19 inch for $219 with a 3000:1 contrast ratio and a 3 year warrenty http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1170290765723 over the 1 year i have with this one.

Should I:

A: keep this one and price match for the $30

or

B: return this one and pay an extra $20 for the 3 year warranty and higher contrast ratio?

quick note: I have read some reviews on proview (company that supposedly markets mag innovision) monitors at circuit city and people have had complaint that their monitor started blacking out after a 6 month timeframe, this really bothers me, as I am not going to spend $200 on a monitor and it go out on me in 6 months I want it to last as long as possible. So what are other peoples experiences with LG and Mag Innovision/Proview ?

Edited by RedDragon

Argh it seems that the monitor went on sale for $30 less also they have a LG 19 inch for $219 with a 3000:1 contrast ratio and a 3 year warrenty http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1170290765723 over the 1 year i have with this one.

Should I:

A: keep this one and price match for the $30

or

B: return this one and pay an extra $20 for the 3 year warranty and higher contrast ratio?

quick note: I have read some reviews on proview (company that supposedly markets mag innovision) monitors at circuit city and people have had complaint that their monitor started blacking out after a 6 month timeframe, this really bothers me, as I am not going to spend $200 on a monitor and it go out on me in 6 months I want it to last as long as possible. So what are other peoples experiences with LG and Mag Innovision/Proview ?

I think either one is fine, but I do know that LG rocks!

LG totally rocks, my Flatron L226WTG is just plain awesome! If I were you, I'd get the LG, not for the contrast ratio (as normal humans won't see such a big difference), but for the three year warranty, and for the sake of having a good brand name screen!

Ok I returned the Mag and got the LG. Overall I am very pleased with the packaging and quality of the LG much better then the Mag. It also looks better than the Mag glad I took your guys advice. Also the warranty of the Mag was long and drug out and had way too many exceptions such as acts of god and nature. The LG warranty is much better straight to the point. So I would suggest anyone buying a monitor to skip on Mag Innovision/Proview.