Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I solved my Samba share access problem (trying to monitor other computers on the LAN that are running Ubuntu inside VMWare) by setting Ethernet to Bridged in the per-machine settings. Added to first post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you are referring to the method here: Linkage then in my experience, the USB method was clearly better. The drawback to the USB method is that your machine is unusable while folding, whereas the VMware method will still allow you to be in your native OS while benefiting from a boost in PPD over the native windows client.

Hey guys, got 3 rigs folding for OCC now; 2 SMP and 1 standard client. Shame we're gonna lose our points, gonna take a lot of catching up.

EllisD is absolutely right, I would only the USB method on an old rig that I wouldn't need.

Dang, Reel 3 folding rigs. Thats more than you had at the Street, hun? Are you doing VMware/Linux or WinSMP with smp rigs?

Just get another SMP rig going and you'll be hashing out the points and climbing up the ranks in no time. :)

Nah tasr, same 3 rigs, just that sometimes not all of them were folding.

775 E2160 @ 3.2GHz Windows SMP

AM2 3800X2 @2.5GHz Windows SMP

462 1700+ @1.5GHz standard client

Woops, sorry for the double post, wireless at work is acting up.

Edit:

Dang, Reel 3 folding rigs. Thats more than you had at the Street, hun? Are you doing VMware/Linux or WinSMP with smp rigs?

Just get another SMP rig going and you'll be hashing out the points and climbing up the ranks in no time. smile.gif

Did you just call me hun??????