Vista... Who's running it?

sdy284

Vista  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using Vista on your main PC?

• Nope!
    • Yes, Vista Home Basic
    • Yes, Vista Home Premium
    • Yes, Vista Business
    • Yes, Vista Ultimate
    • Yes, but I dual boot with another OS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the laptop it doesnt seem to want to look at the wired connection no matter what i do to it and the wireless signal tends to drop more often than with xp i can do without all the cute stuff that just eats resources i dont like the the redesing of it period

i only use that laptop when i have to fix something on it and my biggest problem doesnt reside with microsoft or vista its all the other companies saying we will make our software work in q4 07 or later that really has gotten on my nerves

Tried it in beta and although the visual effects of aero were impressive they pale in comparison to the visual effects found in beryl for Linux. Other than that the lack of support is yet another reason why I do not use it and of course the price too. If I had to choose a version tho I suppose home premium would suit my needs.

Currently yes, business edition as I get it free through uni, tripple booting with XP and Ubuntu, however when I build my new system in a couple of days I'll probably just stick with XP and Linux (until enough dx10 games come out that I want to play, and I'm required to install Vista again).

For me performance is just too low to outweight the good points. I wouldnt say it runs slowly itself, but I noticed about 15-20% performance drop in games and some applications. So yer, wont be using it in a few days.