I want to build a pc that will enable me to run it as a server and a g

nightsider

My advice is to stop thinking about it for 5 months until you actually have all the money gathered up. What you've chosen will almost certainly be outdated in 5 months time.

:withstupid: If you build it now, you won't want it in 5 months. Barcelona should be out by then. ATi's new cards should be here. Intel's Q3 price drops. Stuff changes fast. There's no reason to design a system 5 months early when things happen so fast.

don't stop thinking about it entirely, just not the final build set in stone... keep up with new developments, what's hot, what's not, what overclocks, what's a really good deal... then when you FINALLY have enough money, you'll know EXACTLY what to buy...

i love knowing exactly what to spend my money on after months of saving and/or not spending... it's always nice not having to second guess yourself when the money is there :)

i'm really happy with my current rig... it's over a year old, but it's still in the upper league of computers because all the parts i knew about for a while before buying them whether they had been on the market for a while, or not

not much to behold. been running the opteron version of it now for a few months.

sadly I ordered the WRONG motherboard and was stuck with socket F as opposed to dual Xeon for quad core current gen xeons (same as the C2Q chips but with SMP enabled).

I also haven't been able to overclock due to the motherboards severe limitations (professional workstation's aren't meant for it) and the poor ram overclocking of my ram (4gb dimms don't tend to oc very well either... especially not when there's 64gb's worth of them in there)

not much to behold. been running the opteron version of it now for a few months.

sadly I ordered the WRONG motherboard and was stuck with socket F as opposed to dual Xeon for quad core current gen xeons (same as the C2Q chips but with SMP enabled).

I also haven't been able to overclock due to the motherboards severe limitations (professional workstation's aren't meant for it) and the poor ram overclocking of my ram (4gb dimms don't tend to oc very well either... especially not when there's 64gb's worth of them in there)

I want that rig! Plain and simple, that would be a folding MONSTER!

I would recommend getting One of the 400gb and putting the difference into at least a 20"-22" 1680 x 1050 good Quality tft as the 8800 would be a little wasted on a 19" @ 1440x900, Always remember Hard Drive prices are always reducing just buy space as you need it.

+ I couldnt justify spending