Official Forum Wars Scoring Thread

jammin

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a real problem....for whatever reason CPUz flat refuses to show the correct multi when my OC exceeds 3200Mhz. OCCT doesn't seem to have a problem with it and reports the correct OC.

So what the hell am I supposed to do CPUz reports an incorrect OC?

Edit: If I leave the PC on for four or five hours CPUz will eventually show the correct OC but if I have to wait four or five hours after every change and a reboot I'll be here to 2025 trying to OC this thing.

I have a real problem....for whatever reason CPUz flat refuses to show the correct multi when my OC exceeds 3200Mhz. OCCT doesn't seem to have a problem with it and reports the correct OC.

So what the hell am I supposed to do CPUz reports an incorrect OC?

Edit: If I leave the PC on for four or five hours CPUz will eventually show the correct OC but if I have to wait four or five hours after every change and a reboot I'll be here to 2025 trying to OC this thing.

Do you have speed step disabled in the bios? It may be called EIST and C1E disable both and the multiplier will stop changing..

Do you have speed step disabled in the bios? It may be called EIST and C1E disable both and the multiplier will stop changing..

I have none of those settings in the bios.....besides the CPU isn't actually changing speeds, CPUz is just showing the wrong speed :huh:

I have none of those settings in the bios.....besides the CPU isn't actually changing speeds, CPUz is just showing the wrong speed :huh:

C1E halt state was soing that to me. CPUz would show the wrong speed, off and on, and OCCT and Orthos would show the right speed. I ahve heard there is a software patch for C1E for some boards. Do you hve the newest CPUz that just came out. It even shows the correct voltage for C2D chips.

Do you hve the newest CPUz that just came out. It even shows the correct voltage for C2D chips.

Tried it .....same results....and it doesn't show the right voltage either :(

Edit: OK RR you may be right about this speedstep thing.....when I fire up VMware and ubuntu with the SMP client it shows the correct settings but I can't find anything in the bios to correct the problem....I have a ASUS P5B Deluxe....HHHHHelp!

Update Team A Judy_Dunbar

Not going to get any HUGE increases with what I have so can only POST small changes, sorry.

SuperPI 13.422s

SuperPI1.jpg

00004.gif

looks good

New Score: 447,228

Edited by neddamttocs

I'm an idiot.....finally found it, C1E was enabled.....I disabled it and the problem went away.....you were dead on correct with your diagnosis RR thanks for the help B:)

Gotta start somewhere:

Fueler_OCC Team "C"

Do I need to Post the Specs again?

3Dmark01

3Dmark01

3Dmark03

3Dmark03

3Dmark05

3Dmark05

CrystalMark

ALU-30,005

FPU-36,960

MEM-18,260

CrystalMark_1.jpg

CrystalMark-Ranking_1.jpg

AquaMark_Screen_1.jpg

AquaMark_1.jpg

Super-PI_1.jpg

It's a start B:)

I'm an idiot.....finally found it, C1E was enabled.....I disabled it and the problem went away.....you were dead on correct with your diagnosis RR thanks for the help B:)

Gotta start somewhere:

Fueler_OCC Team "C"

Do I need to Post the Specs again?

3Dmark01

3Dmark01

3Dmark03

3Dmark03

3Dmark05

3Dmark05

CrystalMark

ALU-30,083

FPU-37,062

MEM-18,032

CrystalMark-1.jpg

CrystalMark-Ranking-1.jpg

AquaMark_Screen_1.jpg

AquaMark_1.jpg

Super-PI_1.jpg

It's a start B:)

Just going over it now. (And no, you don't need to post your specs again). :)

edit - CrystalMark scores need to be in blue. Fill in the starred fields in the ranking tab (don't know if this is essential), and when running simply hit 'mark'.

You'll have to sit through a few sections that don't matter, but your scores should then appear in blue text. :)

You can edit you post with the re-run scores and I'll update my quote accordingly.

edit - Looks good now :thumbs-up:

Your Score is 364,933

Edited by jammin