Recommended Virus App

Arkadiy

Ok, I don't care if it is a resource hog, I don't care about price, I just want to know what is the best, or what you would recommend, as a virus scanner which can find and get rid of viruses.

I was thinking the new Norton 360 or McAfee but I'm fine with less known virus scanners. Just whatever is best. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trend Micro PC-Cillin hands down. Don't use Norton or McAfee please. I feel anti-spyware is more critical than an anti-virus however. Spyware Doctor is the #1 rated anti-spyware program. Use that also, it's great.

Edited by HoLoDreaM

What's the difference between if you purchase Spyware Doctor or just use the download on the startup page?

And I've tried NOD32 and didn't like it so much, I'm trying Avast! right now and will try PC-Cillin after this. Thanks for the help guys.

I don't know why anyone would ever use Norton or think that you have to pay for a good virus app. I've been running AVG for 10 years and have never had an issue and it doesn't suck up my system resources. I also use X-Cleaner and SpyBot

The trial of Spyware Dr is a time trial. Expires after a certain amount of time.

Actually it lets you scan your computer but as soon as you try to clean the files, it says either pay for full version or you can't do anything lol.

Ok so they've change it then. The older Spyware Dr used to be a time trial. Registry Mechanic is the "buy or only clean 25%" thing. (which is a really good program too made by PC Tools)

i belive the combo of kasperspy and avg scored the highest.

Are you suggesting running two AV's at once on the same PC? That is a HUGE no no. They will only fight each other for resources, etc.

IMO, Anything is better than Norton or McAffee. I personally prefer Panda, but Avast and AVG are both excellent free AV's.