Argggghhh! NVIDIA is making me mad too!

So, today I find that my 680i BIOS is corrupt. I guess that I have to RMA my board again. This will only be the FOURTH that I have had! <_<

I might as well get my rig into a new case when the new board gets here. Advice is welcome here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=69954

I just turned on the PC and all of a sudden one of my hard drives doesn't show up in the BIOS. It still shows up in Windows, though. I have never seen that before. I haven't noticed any problems yet, but i don't want to take a chance. I flashed it and still no go. the drive works fine and I can switch them and they still do the same thing.

I just turned on the PC and all of a sudden one of my hard drives doesn't show up in the BIOS. It still shows up in Windows, though. I have never seen that before. I haven't noticed any problems yet, but i don't want to take a chance. I flashed it and still no go. the drive works fine and I can switch them and they still do the same thing.

There's practically no possible way to corrupt the 680is BIOS (unless you like turned it off while it was reflashing) Heck, if you have an unstable OC, it goes into a "Safe Mode" So you can change your settings

That is weird, do you have RAID enabled on all ports in the BIOS?

No, I don't even have a RAID array setup. It may not be the BIOS, it may be that the #2 SATA port has an issue. My "D" drive is perfectly fine and functional in Windows but it doesn't show up in the BIOS and will not autodetect at all.

No, I don't even have a RAID array setup. It may not be the BIOS, it may be that the #2 SATA port has an issue. My "D" drive is perfectly fine and functional in Windows but it doesn't show up in the BIOS and will not autodetect at all.

Try a different SATA Port?

EDIT: I wonder if nvidia switched the SATA numbers... hold on, let me check something right quick with my HDDs

Edited by The Unforgivin

Try a different SATA Port?

EDIT: I wonder if nvidia fixed the numbering issue... hold on, let me check something right quick with my HDDs

well ALL sata ports are supposed to work, if I had one faulty sata port I would rma it too.

well ALL sata ports are supposed to work, if I had one faulty sata port I would rma it too.

Exactly! I don't really care if it is the BIOS or the SATA port, I just want it to work the way it is supposed to.

Ok, so I have tested the SATA cable and all of my drives on a known good port. I'm not sure if it is the BIOS or the SATA controller/port, but SATA port #2 does not show up in the BIOS at all. When the splash screen comes up showing detected devices it doesn't even have an ampty placeholder for the second port. It shows up as "none" in the BIOS, though. I've never seen anything like it. I already have another 680i on it's way, just in case.