MX518 (Mouse)

G15 (Keyboard)

Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550w PSU

WD 250g 7200rpm HD

Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case

Samsung 18X DVD/R DVD Burner

Any thoughts?

Edited by Saiith

Get a sata dvd burner for sure. I would also try and throw in a media card reader or something. You say this is your first build, have you looked at tutorials and books and such about how to build a computer? It really is pretty easy, but there are some things that are pretty essential to know. You would hate to buy all that stuff and then break it somehow.

Guest christopher3393

I also think the April 22nd Intel price reduction is worth the wait, and the e6600 is a great choice. Consider an aftermarket CPU cooler. You don't have to get the best or most expensive one in order to improve on cooling and fan noise from the stock cooler.

I also think the April 22nd Intel price reduction is worth the wait, and the e6600 is a great choice. Consider an aftermarket CPU cooler. You don't have to get the best or most expensive one in order to improve on cooling and fan noise from the stock cooler.

If he doesn't plan on overclocking then it is a waste. The stock coolers aren't as bad as people make them out to be. But yes, E6600 FTW!