Maximum temp for e4300 overclocked

Hi guys,just wanna check if some of you are having a hot processor after overclocking the e4300.i'm using the coretemp software and its showing 49 when idle at full load when stress testing with orthos it came up to 77-79c.is it normal cause to be frank i dont have anymore juice left in the wallet after building the system. :blush: currently using the coolermaster heatsink(cant remember the name) and artic silver5 thermal paste.here in malaysia it tends to get a bit hot for the ambient temp.please share your experienced.thank you.

wow dude, those are some toasty temps! I try to keep my E6400 below 65C, but then again its a lot cooler here in Germany. How far did you overclock it and what voltage are you dumping into the chip?

max temp is a weird thing... technically they should withstand temps of around 100C, however I would never recommend going that high!

wow..100c?it made my 79c looks normal.anyway tanks for posting..i did some change in the bios and drop the vcoree to 1.375 and so far under stress testing with orthos it posted 74-75C.hoping to decrease further by putting a fan directly to the cpu.well see how it goes.i will post result here afterwards.thanks guys. :typing:

Eh im showing my age here, but If i recall right, try to stay below 55c. The cores are more sensitive when over clocked, makes for nasty stability issues sometimes.

Or atleast thats how it was back in the amd XP early 64/p4 days :ph34r:

edit: You can also try to reset the as5 on the core, make sure its a paper thin layer, too much thermal paste does the opposite of what you want :foldon:

If you can, get a better cooler sometime, like the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, that will drop the temps by a lot compared to a Coolermaster or whatever you have.

@ agallion, that is more AMD-like, Intels can take more.

My e6600 hits 65c regularly, but thats @ 3.55ghz w/ 1.51-1.54v tho...

I'd check thermal paste, but the general max temp for C2Ds is 70C

And That cooler master heatsink wouldn't be small (Stock heatsink style) would it?

Edited by The Unforgivin

no its not a small one like stock but a bit better than stock,with stock full load will take the proc to about 55 idle.and 79-80 at full load.with this coolermaster its 49 idle and after some changes made to vcore its at 68 now.i think a better cooler will be good.definitely considering artic and thermalright.but my main concern here is have i already damage the cpu? and is it safe to continue with these temp?thanks all. :ph34r: