New Rig...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on how long you can afford to keep the system, consider the 4MB cache C2D chips. I was going to get a 2MB, and decided to shell out a little more and reap the benefits in the future with more games munching on more cache

so I should be able to get at least 2.2GHz out of that chip right?

LOL! If you don't get 2.2, there's something VERY wrong.

As I already said, people are regularly getting 3.0ghz out of those 4300's. It's definitely not a 4mb E6600, but for half the price, it puts up one heckuva fight. The 4300 is a great choice.

thanks for listening to me btw ;) I was kinna pissed at first cause I linked all that stuff and the whole post just kinna got ignored :)

anyways, that looks solid, except with the X1950Pro, look for one with a Accelero X2 already on it, the stock cooler is horribly loud! As for cooling, you might want to order the 775 Mounting Kit from Thermalright to slap your XP-90C on there.

LOL! If you don't get 2.2, there's something VERY wrong.

As I already said, people are regularly getting 3.0ghz out of those 4300's. It's definitely not a 4mb E6600, but for half the price, it puts up one heckuva fight. The 4300 is a great choice.

Got a build to 3.1 stable on stock cooling :D Course the guy wants it even faster

Edited by The Unforgivin

the X1950Pro, look for one with a Accelero X2 already on it, the stock cooler is horribly loud!

I find my fan to only be loud when playing games. Otherwise it is set to 30% which is whisper quiet. If you don't like noise playing games, then sure - look for a new cooler :)

no no no, different story! You have a X1950XT, that is supported by anything and everything! I am talking about X1950Pro's here, not supported by CRAP! NOTHING, ZERO support on even the Catalyst Control Center Overdrive stuff, no ATI Try Tool, no ATI Tool, no SysTool (only parts in ATT and SysTool). I am desperately waiting for the new ATT version, otherwise this card's support even by ATI seriously SUCKS! So if you want a turbine in your rig, get that cooler, if you want it cool'n'quiet, get the Accelero X2

no no no, different story! You have a X1950XT, that is supported by anything and everything! I am talking about X1950Pro's here, not supported by CRAP! NOTHING, ZERO support on even the Catalyst Control Center Overdrive stuff, no ATI Try Tool, no ATI Tool, no SysTool (only parts in ATT and SysTool). I am desperately waiting for the new ATT version, otherwise this card's support even by ATI seriously SUCKS! So if you want a turbine in your rig, get that cooler, if you want it cool'n'quiet, get the Accelero X2

OH! sucks to be you then :lol: i thought they used the same fan? I'm running on stock fan and base drivers. ATT isn't installed!

if you can afford the XT, why not. but if you are not going to play games THAT much, the Pro represents better value for money.

it sounds to me like you would be best off with the Pro on a budget.