New Rig...

so, king, what you are saying is that i can get 2 1950pro cards and then connect them and it should work like a charm?

I will be doing this in the future, I will stick with only one video card to begin with and then I will go ahead and get another card when I have more money :)

Also I could actually go with a newer/higher powered card and it would work with the 1950pro

<-----EDIT----->

What am I talking about, that motherboard only has one PCI-E x16 slot...surprised that it took me this long to realize that there is only 1 PCI-E x16 slot on this motherboard...

can someone suggest a different motherboard around the same price of this one that will support CF and will be a pretty good stable motherboard?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813138260

will this one do?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813135218

or this one?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mojo, I think you may want to step back and re-evaluate.

I said this before in Lo's motherboard thread, and I'll say it again. What are the chances that you're really going to use Crossfire? I mean you're still using a 9200. That tells me that you're not exactly a "bleeding-edge" video sort of guy. And I think when you see how much performance you get out of a single 1950pro, you're going to forget all about a Crossfire setup. So to me, I really don't think it's worth the money to get a dual-card board.

;) thanks verran...i agree that im not one that demands huge video performance...hopefully the 1950pro will be a great performance boost from the 9200...:D im sure it will be

No problem man :)

I think when you see the performance boost from your 9200 to a 1950pro, it's going to rock your socks off. And that's not even mentioning the huge boost from the C2D chip. Realistically, by the time you really need another 1950pro, they won't be available anymore, and even if they are, we'll be well into DX10 world where the 1950 isn't really a good choice anymore.

No problem man :)

I think when you see the performance boost from your 9200 to a 1950pro, it's going to rock your socks off. And that's not even mentioning the huge boost from the C2D chip. Realistically, by the time you really need another 1950pro, they won't be available anymore, and even if they are, we'll be well into DX10 world where the 1950 isn't really a good choice anymore.

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

So true! I experienced this when I went SLI with my 7800GT's back in the day (thats 8 months ago already!!!). By the time I needed (actually not really needed, but I couldn't play FEAR on 1600x1200 full everything without lagg) an upgrade, the 7800GTs were in no stores anymore, so I got one of dfi-street.com from one of their users.

If you intend to go CrossFire/SLI, that is really for the people that have too much money and need the best of the best immediately. There is no point in you even thinking of CrossFire, because this upgrade is so drastic, it will rock your socks like Verran said! So stay with one X1950Pro, and get a Gigabyte DS3 if you can, they OC well and its a great board overall.