Strange early thread lock for sig contest

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my view on this is why create a sig for the sig of the week which you can't even use on the site??? :withstupid:

yeah i kida agree...if your meaning letting bigger sizes come into play!

sticking with forum guidelines would be good! so if someone likes it they can ask to use it or whatnot!

my 2 cents

Edited by killhoar

well i love the thrill of making sigs OUT of the norm that i would usually make for myself!

which in turn teaches me ...or makes me use other techniques than the same ole same ole that i tend to use on most of my sigs for various interests!

actually i LOVE the thought of the sig of the week...just too bad its not actually sig of the WEEK or MONTH even...seems to be large spans of time in between!

:(

You can use other techniques while keeping within OCC's restrictions.

As for duration, I think it'd be good to let people have a week (7 days) to create the thread, then the poll for 5-7 days and then start the next SOTW contest. So contests would be every other week.

You can use other techniques while keeping within OCC's restrictions.

As for duration, I think it'd be good to let people have a week (7 days) to create the thread, then the poll for 5-7 days and then start the next SOTW contest. So contests would be every other week.

see on duration, i think you have hit the NAIL on the head!!!! that is perfect!!! bi weekly contests, now that is IDEAL!!!!!!! i so would be wearing this sextor of the forums out!!!!!!!

i hoipe since this one actually had 8 submissions unlike the CES/vegas one with one true submission...which was an autowin that maybe there would be an interest in some bi weekly "show your skillz" lil bouts!!!!!! :huh:

btw ClayMeow

from the CES/Vegas thread that is now locked.....

lol, thanks. But since you're new here, I'm guessing you're merely going by my current signature (unless you've clicked on the links in my sig and seen a few other works)...but still, they all have one thing in common...Natalie!...Anything with her looks good, not to mention I take extra care . Passion makes for better products. lol

I really like your new signature, so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about . What is that in the center though? Looks cool

i just now read that part of the post tonight!

to answer your question......its taken from this pic RIGHT here

i seem to have used different parts of that pic for different sigs!

btw ClayMeow

from the CES/Vegas thread that is now locked.....

i just now read that part of the post tonight!

to answer your question......its taken from this pic RIGHT here

i seem to have used different parts of that pic for different sigs!

sweet pic :)

i still have to say, your sig skills with the non rectangular conformed sides is what made me really get into making sigs!!!

btw....i JUST now right clicked saved the image of your sig and saw the perfect eyedropping tool of forum color to achieve the perfect look of displacement!

OMG and here i have been doing the hard way of having transparent .gif background and using erasing layers!!! OMG i think you just cut out and hour of meticulous erasing. LOL

btw speaking of...i am posting a tutorial on making the killhoar overlapping sig tonight in the photoshop forums

since i noticed there is NOTHING in that forum thread :P

my view on this is why create a sig for the sig of the week which you can't even use on the site??? :withstupid:

oh i totally agree - it's just that i was almost certain that when uber started this, that the rules stipulated that...well, there were none really in terms of dimensions as such (and file size) as it was a one-off

it's just that i was almost certain that when uber started this, that the rules stipulated that...well, there were none really in terms of dimensions as such (and file size)

Alright well here is another OCC Sig contest rules are as follow;

Stick to the OCC guidelines for dimensions and size

Must have a space theme (planet, moon, star, space ship, etc)

Must encorperate some form of message (death, life, peace, etc.)

I think that about covers the guidelines if you have any questions please post them here, I will also be posting the hand in thread here in a day or so.

The deadline for this contest is March 9 12PM 2007!

:withstupid:

i still have to say, your sig skills with the non rectangular conformed sides is what made me really get into making sigs!!!

btw....i JUST now right clicked saved the image of your sig and saw the perfect eyedropping tool of forum color to achieve the perfect look of displacement!

OMG and here i have been doing the hard way of having transparent .gif background and using erasing layers!!! OMG i think you just cut out and hour of meticulous erasing. LOL

My sig was done transparently and I added the OCC blue behind it after-the-fact for two reasons:

1. Gif's are lower quality and I had way too much detail/colors for a gif.

2. PNG-24's are good quality but transparency will not display in IE6, and sadly many people still use that.

Here's the PNG-24 transparent version:

CM.png

If you view this page in IE6, you'll see why I don't use it. But transparency is better than putting in the blue background yourself because when converting a psd to a jpg, the color #00024A changes to #00034A for some weird reason. To many people, it may be completely unnoticeable, but I have a keen eye for even the slightest color variations, so it bothers me a little, but I have to live with it. If I recall correctly, PNG24 (without transparency) keeps the #00024A color though, I just couldn't use it back then because the file size was too large. With the recent increase in file size allowance, I may have to try it again :)

My sig was done transparently and I added the OCC blue behind it after-the-fact for two reasons:

1. Gif's are lower quality and I had way too much detail/colors for a gif.

2. PNG-24's are good quality but transparency will not display in IE6, and sadly many people still use that.

Here's the PNG-24 transparent version:

CM.png

If you view this page in IE6, you'll see why I don't use it. But transparency is better than putting in the blue background yourself because when converting a psd to a jpg, the color #00024A changes to #00034A for some weird reason. To many people, it may be completely unnoticeable, but I have a keen eye for even the slightest color variations, so it bothers me a little, but I have to live with it. If I recall correctly, PNG24 (without transparency) keeps the #00024A color though, I just couldn't use it back then because the file size was too large. With the recent increase in file size allowance, I may have to try it again :)

ok ok you just blew my mind but being an artist myself i too have noticed a VERY VERY slight blue difference in the rectagular spectrum...BUT since i didnt notice this until i right clicked look at the one here on forums...i thought i was just re-realizing that it was eyedropped or something similar hehehe....thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea IE6 had no transparency...and luckily my brother was over here with hit old skool laptop and i got to see it first hand! wow! good to know.

So i have always tossed stuff in either .gif or .jpeg and always changed from .png -- it has higher quality pics than those? if so...do most forums and sites that use comment areas ...are they able to display .png when linked to them?

nice this mundane thread turned into something so informative :P

but ALSO using the eyedrop forum background theory...it would be easier to conform withing 480x90 heheheh so i wouldnt get mixed up on the resizing /grin

Edited by killhoar