Strange early thread lock for sig contest

I figure i might just try to submit here since in the post of the sig contest it states that the contest is over at NOON on the ninth --

The deadline for this contest is March 9 12PM 2007!

or better yet stated in this screenshot

ummm its 7:34 AM here in the central time zone and i see that the thread seemed to be closed at 12 AM on March ninth 2007

so if indeed i CAN submit still (according to the rules) i would like to do so

my submission would have been hal.gif

Notes:

Photoshop

Fonts: Life in space

Images: Hal eye taken from www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2006/05/10/hal.jpg

Space background taken from A jovian eclipse from Callisto - Part 1 at arcadiastreet.com

Brushes: starfield cluster

Time: 30 mins

hope i can jump in the ranks for my first sig contest!

post-19639-1173447721_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figure i might just try to submit here since in the post of the sig contest it states that the contest is over at NOON on the ninth --

or better yet stated in this screenshot

ummm its 7:34 AM here in the central time zone and i see that the thread seemed to be closed at 12 AM on March ninth 2007

so if indeed i CAN submit still (according to the rules) i would like to do so

my submission would have been hal.gif

Notes:

Photoshop

Fonts: Life in space

Images: Hal eye taken from www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2006/05/10/hal.jpg

Space background taken from A jovian eclipse from Callisto - Part 1 at arcadiastreet.com

Brushes: starfield cluster

Time: 30 mins

hope i can jump in the ranks for my first sig contest!

:bah:

sorry about that, that part of the rules wasn't seen when the thread was closed, i reset the poll and added your submission into the contest.

and it was 12PM by the way. If it was 12AM... then the closing would've been correct

would you like a telling time made easy link? :sarcasm:

I thought sig requirement was 480x90. Your's is 481x102. I have no problem if they want to change the rules for sig contest to a different size, but that should be noted beforehand, which it was clearly stated that the sigs must abide by the site rules.

it was 12PM by the way. If it was 12AM... then the closing would've been correct

hmm... looks to be as though the thread closed at 9am GMT...

12pm is noon, 12am is midnight... maybe next time a time-zone should be stated to avoid confusion? :)

GMT is the obvious choice... the centre of the world... all the world's time is based upon UK time haha

GMT is the obvious choice... the centre of the world... all the world's time is based upon UK time haha

We are at the centre of the world. More things should be based on our time to save confusion!

:bah:

sorry about that, that part of the rules wasn't seen when the thread was closed, i reset the poll and added your submission into the contest.

and it was 12PM by the way. If it was 12AM... then the closing would've been correct

would you like a telling time made easy link? :sarcasm:

hehe thank you so much for entering it....and thank you for getting my original intended sarcasm !!!! sometimes jokes like that can get lost in translation when typing!!! heheh thanks again mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be far before the deadline on the NEXT one, i swear :P

I thought sig requirement was 480x90. Your's is 481x102. I have no problem if they want to change the rules for sig contest to a different size, but that should be noted beforehand, which it was clearly stated that the sigs must abide by the site rules.

OMG CM you are indeed correct!!! no i was not intending for it to not be wtihing the 480x90 constraints! you are spot on that its slightly too big....

1 pix x 12pix to be exact! i definately want to be within the correct guidelines so i adjustd it......

but alas its 3pm now, my time :(

hal-1.gif

post-19639-1173473833_thumb.jpg

The center of the world is the Core. Are you from Hell? :P

that might be why my arm is on fire

you are spot on that its slightly too big....

1 pix x 12pix to be exact! i definately want to be within the correct guidelines so i adjustd it......

but alas its 3pm now, my time :(

wahp wahp waah

lol :P

that might be why my arm is on fire

wahp wahp waah

lol :P

double lol :lol: :lol:

killhoar, I wouldn't worry about it for this contest, in the future, just try to reread the requirements upon submission (and next time Uber should make it clearer in the OP.

i always thought "sig of the week" etc were allowed to break the size rule? but then Ubers rules seem to have changed :)

Well like I said, I don't have a problem with changing the size, but that needs to be stated. I do think there should be a max though.