It's Modding Time Again

i'm cringing at the fan quality a bit, but this is about the best i can do unless i spent like 2 days trying to recreate the fan from scratch

fuelervinylnw2.jpg

@ 150 dpi that should be 13.78" wide (i assumed you'd want a slight blank border)

I see what you mean....maybe I'll just have to forget about the logo part :(

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask bosco who did the fan artwork for the new logo... megavyrus did the original one ages ago, but someone has redone it to add O CC like that, so *someone* has it in better quality than me... all i need is that original artwork to place there instead of the 10x enlarged one lol

When I got home last nite the new green led fans had arrived so I slapped them in real quick and took a couple of pics. They are obviously going to need some additional tweeking before I get them to where I like them. The Led's face outward towards the outside of the case not toward the inside!. (they light up my office more than the inside of the case :lol: ) So I'll do some more work on them then post the final pics B:) but for now here's the couple I took last night.

Folding-Rig_106.jpg

Folding-Rig_105.jpg

The first one was with a backlight the second is in total dark B:)

Edit: Nemo I found some nice candles for the final pics, I'm hopping I can get a nice reflection of them off of the black glossy front bezel :lol:

I love the subtle green glow in the case, but the fans themselves seem a bit much, at least the side ones do. It may be better to just get clear fans and have green leds separate shining up from the bottom front of the case (and maybe a couple from the back top). It would also eliminate your problem of illuminating the outside more than the inside, unless you plan on disassembling the fans and switching that around.

it's very hard to take pictures in the dark... i'd put money on the fans not actually looking nearly as bright as that with the naked eye... i remember from trying to take pics of my Tsunami case with UV lighting and it was SO hard to get anything like a true representation of what it looks like in real life... i'm not sure if it's actually possible due to the difference between the eye, cameras, and display devices lol

adding this to the upcoming worklog article :)

it's very hard to take pictures in the dark... i'd put money on the fans not actually looking nearly as bright as that with the naked eye... i remember from trying to take pics of my Tsunami case with UV lighting and it was SO hard to get anything like a true representation of what it looks like in real life... i'm not sure if it's actually possible due to the difference between the eye, cameras, and display devices lol

That's a good point. I don't use LED fans much at all anymore, but back when I did my "dark" or "glow" pictures always used to make the fans seem a lot brighter than they were. Either way though, I like the idea of LEDs in the case instead of on the fans. That would give more of an ambient light feel. Plus, it would allow you to have the lights on a switch.

That's a good point. I don't use LED fans much at all anymore, but back when I did my "dark" or "glow" pictures always used to make the fans seem a lot brighter than they were. Either way though, I like the idea of LEDs in the case instead of on the fans. That would give more of an ambient light feel. Plus, it would allow you to have the lights on a switch.

The fans are much brighter in the pics than they really are but I also would like to be able to turn them off (especially at night, makes my office look like an alien encounter) So like I said ...I still have some tweaking to do :lol:

i know what you mean about the alien encounter thing... i've resorted to even pulling out the blue power led from my case, turning mice upside down (dpi indicator), covering keyboard leds, and all sorts of goofy workarounds! :lol:

if i have all the leds lit up and the lights out, i can still navigate my room lol... it's like a NASA control centre at night with them all on!

i've gone off LED fans altogether now, but i think your idea of adding in a "Pimp Mode" switch is cool... i guess you'd have to bi-wire the fans then? or splice in a remote switch?

i've gone off LED fans altogether now, but i think your idea of adding in a "Pimp Mode" switch is cool... i guess you'd have to bi-wire the fans then? or splice in a remote switch?

That's pretty much the idea and I think while I'm at it I'll wire the switch for three modes ...off/5v/12v and see how that works out....might still need to do more though to tone these suckers down B:)