Re-Activation Limits For Upgraders

andrew220590

Well if thats the case, that sucks. I reinstall about every 6 months, due to Windows poor resource management and it's great little degradation feature over a little time of use. Looks like I'm sticking with XP till they get a Vista site license(a.k.a. VLK or VLM) at work(their licenses include employee's personal systems :D )

I was told by a distributor that Vista activation will NOT work like XP did. In fact according to him once a Vista license key has been activated twice it will basically be disabled and unusable. In XP you just had to call M$ each time you re-activated, but from what I am being told by multiple distributors and M$ reps is that will not be the case with Vista.

That may be the case for now...until they receive a ton of complaints 3 months from now and they change their process.

to be frank that is bull crap. limiting reinstallation is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, this is just giving mac lovers another leg to stand on, and i would have to agree with them. as i have said before Vista is far from being ready.

to be frank that is bull crap. limiting reinstallation is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, this is just giving mac lovers another leg to stand on, and i would have to agree with them. as i have said before Vista is far from being ready.

I agree. Maybe the regular Joe-schmo isnt going to reinstalling every six months, or even a year but a lot of enthusiasts are going to run into a problem with Vista. People like reviewers with test beds are going to have to buy a new license every month unless they like to test on a clean, un-updated computer.

maybe I'm the only dumb fool to try this... and not believe a rumor started by resellers of MS products... but what you guys have been told is a flat out LIE.

my little vista box has been formatted 4 times since vista came out (don't ask I've had some driver issues and a dead hard drive). 2 times it registered online perfectly, 3rd and 4th time I had to call... just like XP. tell the person can hardly speak english that I'm reinstalling on the same PC and I'm fine.

this same rumor went around about windows XP when it first came out :(

• 4 weeks later...