xbox360 v2 coming out

GuJuMaN89

This is old news. It was debunked as the device in the picture was just a developer's system with a manufacturing date of late 2005.

However, this doesn't mean a new 360 isn't coming out. We definitely have the 65nm revision to look forward to, but as for the inclusion of a HDMI port and a larger hard drive, we can only wait and see.

i am still going to be pissed when it comes out if they dont offer some sort of trade in program for old 360's

why? the first 360 came out over a year ago...

sell your 360 and buy a new one. I don't expect MS to do anything about this and neither should current 360 owners

look at the date this was posted..

Posted Jan 5th 2007 8:51AM

Really really old news..

date is irrelevant. i could publish an article today about world war two ending, but it is still old news...:lol:

and whoever mentioned they kept getting bad 360s: you could therefore receive a newer revision, but if they are not actually due any time soon...well...that's just bad luck.

i am still going to be pissed when it comes out if they dont offer some sort of trade in program for old 360's

Kids and their sense of entitlement <_<

If Nintendo came out with a black Wii, you think Nintendo should exchange your white one for free? Of course they wouldn't. Microsoft doesn't OWE you anything, besides honoring the warranty they bundled with your console. That it, they don't need to give you anything past that point. Sure, these companies want to please their customers, but their main goal is PROFIT. How are they supposed to make money if they replaced thousands or millions of consoles with the new versions? The company already loses money on each console, they have no obligation to go out of their way and lose more money just because some kids feel like every company should bend over backwards for them.

Anyway, there are only a handful changes coming in the next version, some rumored and some confirmed. The confirmed change is the 65nm update. The highly likely change is the larger hard drive. The speculative changes are the HDMI port and a new coat of black paint. Some good news is that current Xbox360 hardware may just be able to handle the output of an HDMI port, so it's possible that Microsoft may put out a new HDMI cable that would work with the current connector on the console. If they release a larger hard drive, you'll be able to buy one separately, much like the current 20gig one. As for the black color, well, you can always shell out for some spray paint :P