E6300

Everything i am reading points to the E6300 as being the sweet choice as far as OCing and price

I have read somewhere that they are introducing a 4mb cache to this processor...does anyone know an approximate date?

sometime this late quarter or early 2nd quarter of this year when core 2 is refreshed. And after that, your looking at ANOTHER die shrink this year or early next... lol, amd hasn't even switched to 65nm yet :(

Everything i am reading points to the E6300 as being the sweet choice as far as OCing and price

I have read somewhere that they are introducing a 4mb cache to this processor...does anyone know an approximate date?

Well, let me tell you this much.

Going from a P4 2.53Ghz northwood to an E6600 is delightful. I'm in heaven all day long :) It clocks to 3.0ghz on stock air happily too, so your E6300 will be awesome depending on what you are leaving behind ;)

The E6600 can easy do 3ghz on air stock volts >_< i just dropped a multi added some more FSB and there you have it 3ghz on stock volts! it kicks butt!! with 4mb cache also :D easy money !!

I'm personally looking to see if the E4300 hype is justified, think 800fsb from the start 6600 with 1/2 the L2, should OC better than the 6300 with the higher multiplier, actually it SHOULD OC like a 6600, and the L2 makes next to zero difference so high sped core 2 here I come...hopefully :) it arrives tomorrow. The 6300 was my other option, but I saved the few $ and hope I made the right choice, if not there's always Ebay...