HELP ME PLEASE

hey all, the last couple of days have been quite depressing for me. last weekend i had finall gotten the last couple of parts for my new build and i wasted no time putting them in... the computer fired right up with no problems. i was on the computer for abut four hours and all of the sudden, the computer shut off and the only thing that was running was my case fans and my power supply. i thought, maybe it just spontaneously crashed, i tried to turn the computer back on and for some reason it would flash quick and the fans would spin for a second then die off.... then like 5 seconds later the computer would try to fire up again and run for about 5 seconds and then just idle. ive tried everything i could think of and i still cant get this thing to post. i replaced the power supply but that didnt do anything. i went through and removed components one by one trying to figure out what might be wrong.....but no luck. i get no video and the usb ports dont work alt all.

this quite frankly is scaring the . out of me because i just spent about 2k on this thing and now it doesnt even work...........PLEASE HELP

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have already tried running it with just the cpu/vid/ram/mobo and still nothing happened.

i havent tried loosening the screws yet but i will go and try that....

btw my specs are

asus p5b deluxe wifi

core 2 duo e6600

evga geforce 7950gt ko superclocked

2x1gb corsair xms2 (pc2 6400)

320bg seagate baracuda hd

lite-on dvd-cd-r combo drive

did you put some thermal compound on your cpu?

check to see if your hsf is on correctly

try with only one stick

what size is your psu? it could be possible that you dont have enough power

havnt looked it up yet, but does your mobo indicate where it hangs up in post before it dies? do you have a post card? is there any beeps?

i tried loosening all of the screws on the mobo and that didnt solve the problem.

yes ther is thermal compound on the hs and ive removed and reinstalled the hsf and it is installed correctly so that also did not solve the problem, i have also disassembled and reassembled the whol computer and still no change......i dont have a post card (i dont think....not sure what it is) and when i turn the power on the thing that scares me the most is the fact that it tries to start and then shuts off and seconds later tries to start and starts up but no post and also no video or usb. im kind of leaning towards my mobo being bad but im not sure how that could be since my computer ran for about 4 hours before it just shut off.

btw. my cpu is a core 2 duo E6600 and my psu is 520w so i dont think that the cpu is lacking power

Edited by Reguluth_Jones

mhh, 520W Rosewill is not neccessarily the best PSU out there, do you have access to any high end PSU like OCZ/FSP(Forton)/Enermax/Tagan etc? Also, try taking the vid card out and see if it boots then (I meen as far as beeping etc goes). Maybe try a low end video card to see if its really the PSU.

i'd assemble the mobo/cpu/ram/graphics/psu/hd outside of the case, on the motherboard box, with the pci cards hanging off the edge of the box... that eliminates any possible case short circuiting that you can't see

what about the power supply have you checked that that brand is not really the best brand to be using for what your running. you should never skimp on a power supply its one of the most important parts of the whole computer i mean it gives your computer power.