freaking cop

GuJuMaN89

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if i bring a witness, aka the person sitting next to me

Even then, it's doubtful.

Most RMP's are coming outfitted with a camera system that can record up to 30 seconds (or greater depending on settings) before the lights and sirens are activated which would have more then captured you on film. Take it to court and you'll lose.

Also, don't forget that officers have to recertify. This includes testing on most, if not all, of their skills.

EDIT: Also, your witness isn't going to be able to help you at all unless they were staring at your front tires and the position of the line (which is under your car and otherwise in blind spots :rolleyes: ). Even by your own admission, only the front tires were over the line. Your vehicle was not stopped before the line at the time of the light change.

YOU ARE AT FAULT. PERIOD.

Edited by Xinul

they only thing that concered me was his position to see the light.

basicly, there were 2 lanes turning left, i was in the right one. then there are 3 lanes going strait. he was in the middle one in the front. my question is how can he see the light from his location? he had to cut through one lane just to get to me too

okay this thread is making me sick. all of this flaming really upsets me. gujuman is obviously upset, we can let him cool down - his attitude is completely understandable, so even though he may be saying "stupid cop" or whatever, i honestly don't care. we're supposed to be a family here guys, not follow the leader in flaming people as soon as someone says one thing.

xinul - this time you were the leader, and everyone else decided it was their turn. now i will make this clear - i respect you. you do good in our country. but atleast where i live, the majority of the cops are dummies. which also is understandable, they have to put up with a lot of stuff. also, you'll get that one cop that just needs to make his quota of the day and he'll pop someone for one tiny little thing, which in guju's case seems what could have happened.

honestly - i'll tell both of the sides to grow up. no hard feelings though. this is still my home and i consider all of you my brothers.

guju - find out how much a court fee is, and if it's reasonable ~$25 or so, go to court, present your case, and chances are they will atleast reduce it. if it's a 2 point ticket, typically they'll waive the points [most important] and knock a few bucks off the ticket. with a 4 point, probably your case, they'll take that down to 2 and knock a few bucks off the ticket as well.

some stupid cop pulled me over cuz he said i craping ran a red light. the light was yellow for like a split second and then went red. it was not my craping fault, if i stopped, i would have landed in the middle of the intersection.

should i pay the fine and goto driving school for the points/insurance, or should i goto court about it? how much is the court fees?

sounds like you can prove yourself innocent with basic Newtonian physics ;) i'd go to court and argue that you couldnt stop within the allotted time based on where you started and try and sound technical so they find you believable :)

edit: didnt read beyond post 3 so hope someone lese hasnt already said this >.<

Edited by DrAwesomePhD

full story just for u then:

Waiting a red light.

Light turns green, i start moving.

light turns yellow right when im near the line, maybe 10 inches away from the line,

then the light turns red right when my front tires are over the line,

cop pulls me over.

writes ticket.

foot was barely on the gas, maybe like 15MPH, so if the light turned yellow when i was around 8-10 inches from the line, i would still be in the intersection.

I have never seen a light move this fast, except for a couple of turn lights that are only set up to allow 2-3 vehicles pass at a time. You may be able to challenge and have the light tested. They can run the light through cycles, and verify if it is working correctly.

How many vehicles were in front of you at the red light? What kind of car do you have? Something sounds wrong to me... from what I have read, it sounds like all of this happens in a matter of seconds. From a stop to "maybe like 15 MPH" at the stop stripe/line, considering the time it takes your brain to tell your foot to apply gas as well as the reaction of the other drivers, it sounds to me like you gunned it and weren't exactly driving the safest to begin with. I wasn't there, don't know what happened, but that's what it sounds like to me so far.

Should you have attempted to stop? Yes. It doesn't matter if there was traffic behind you. It is the responsibility of that driver to pay attention to the conditions. They could have hit you, they could have stopped in time, or they could have swerved to avoid you. You cannot say what would have happened.

Had you stopped, and they did indeed hit you it most places it would automatically be considered their fault and not yours. This isn't the case everywhere. Though in some places while still their fault, you may also be issued a citation.

If you do go to court, there is a good chance that it will be thrown out. Like others have said, more often than not, the officer will not show up. It is a gamble. If the cop does show up, and they show the video from the cruiser, you'll most likely lose the case.