freaking cop

GuJuMaN89

I have never seen a light move this fast, except for a couple of turn lights that are only set up to allow 2-3 vehicles pass at a time.

:withstupid: I guess that's my problem with the whole thing as well. What you're describing just doesn't happen. I mean whether or not it's true, think about what you're saying. For some unexplainable reason, this light was extra short just for you and just that one time. Only you know if that's true or not, but I guarantee that a judge is NEVER going to believe that. Lights don't just decide to change durations.

If you're going to fight this thing, I sincrely hope that's not going to be your defense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pay the fine, go to traffic school to avoid raising your insurance and get over it. I understand that you feel that you couldn't have stopped or whatever. But if you do take it to court, the judge may even decide to RAISE the fine on the ticket. I've had it happen to multiple friends of mine. There are some areas where the officer does not show up, but that is not the norm. Most of the time, the judge will uphold the ticket even though he may lower the price. If you do go to court and lose, not only will you have to pay the fine, but also court costs, and higher insurance bills. It doesn't matter whether or not the officer was right in giving you a ticket, just whether or not you can convince the judge that the ticket is unwarranted.

Conclusion: Do you HONESTLY believe that the judge is going to believe your story and throw out the ticket? If you do, then go to court. If you don't, then take traffic school.

Let's see here...you said you were traveling about 15mph...that's 22feet/sec.

You said you were maybe 10 inches from the line when the light went yellow, and your front wheels were just over the line when the light went red, so you traveled...4 feet?

4ft/22fps = .18seconds

You mean to tell us the yellow light was on for less than one fifth of a second?

okay this thread is making me sick. all of this flaming really upsets me. gujuman is obviously upset, we can let him cool down - his attitude is completely understandable, so even though he may be saying "stupid cop" or whatever, i honestly don't care. we're supposed to be a family here guys, not follow the leader in flaming people as soon as someone says one thing.

xinul - this time you were the leader, and everyone else decided it was their turn. now i will make this clear - i respect you. you do good in our country. but atleast where i live, the majority of the cops are dummies. which also is understandable, they have to put up with a lot of stuff. also, you'll get that one cop that just needs to make his quota of the day and he'll pop someone for one tiny little thing, which in guju's case seems what could have happened.

honestly - i'll tell both of the sides to grow up. no hard feelings though. this is still my home and i consider all of you my brothers.

guju - find out how much a court fee is, and if it's reasonable ~$25 or so, go to court, present your case, and chances are they will atleast reduce it. if it's a 2 point ticket, typically they'll waive the points [most important] and knock a few bucks off the ticket. with a 4 point, probably your case, they'll take that down to 2 and knock a few bucks off the ticket as well.

slow or not, it's thier JOB to do that. and sorry to say this but I don't tell people how to do thier jobs if I don't have some understanding of how it's done.

full story just for u then:

Waiting a red light.

Light turns green, i start moving.

light turns yellow right when im near the line, maybe 10 inches away from the line,

then the light turns red right when my front tires are over the line,

cop pulls me over.

writes ticket.

You mean to tell us the yellow light was on for less than one fifth of a second?

I've never seen a yellow light turn that fast. I think there is more to the story. Here is a very important question, what gender was the passanger? If the person was a female, then you probably did a jackrabittit start to impress her in your new Scion.

in the city i live in, as long as your front bumper is over the line before it turns red then you are ok...(this doesnt mean floor it to make it...then your in the wrong). i got pulled over for "running a light" once but i told the cop " i mean no disrespect sir but that light was yellow when i entered the intersection and it was clearly obvious." he sort of chuckled, ran my liscense n'stuff, came back and told me to "drive safely" and that i was free to go. now they have the redlight cameras here.....they work as i have found out the hard way.

lol i wasnt even in my scion, i was in my moms car.

see like sum1 said above, i do not know if there was any emergency vehicles in the area that changed the light, because i couldnt see em. if that was the case, would the ticket be dismissed since it wasnt my fault?

lol i wasnt even in my scion, i was in my moms car.

see like sum1 said above, i do not know if there was any emergency vehicles in the area that changed the light, because i couldnt see em. if that was the case, would the ticket be dismissed since it wasnt my fault?

If piece of apparatus or RMP was travelling with lights and sirens activated and changed the intersection, you would see a flashing strobe, rotator, or other light on the wires or beams that hold up the traffic light....

No, it would not be dismissed. If they were close enough to trigger the intersection, you should see them! You'd get slap with Failure to Yield, and even Careless and Negligent Operation under some circumstances.

• 2 months later...