new car

Misuta_Yancha

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you guys know how much space is under the hood of a full size dodge right? imagine the first time you open the hood and see there IS no
What the hell do you expect when they cram a 8.3L Viper engine into it? :P

well I had never seen the engine of an rsx s-type and I noticed the supercharger but wasn't sure if it was stock or what and I didn't want to ask the dealer because he would have probably gone oh maybe it's worth an extra grand... I got it for $14995 and kelly blue book personal sale is 14000 about for good condition and about 15000 for excellent condition both stock so I say I got a good deal

the rsx s-type takes premium gas stock, but I came from an oldsmobile royal 88 year 89 and that got 20 mpg freeway on a good day and this car is rated at 31 freeway so I am still paying a little less in gas even with the premium

im no import expert but in general most stock naturally aspirated 4 bangers run fine on 87 octane...so if it requires premium then i would say that supercharger could very well possibly be stock as most engines that use 87 (like the gm seriesII 3800 for instance) when normally aspirated, but require premium when paired with forced induction (like the gm supercharged seriesII 3800)...but like i said...i could be very wrong on that.

im no import expert but in general most stock naturally aspirated 4 bangers run fine on 87 octane...so if it requires premium then i would say that supercharger could very well possibly be stock as most engines that use 87 (like the gm seriesII 3800 for instance) when normally aspirated require premium when paired with forced induction (like the gm supercharged seriesII 3800)...but like i said...i could be very wrong on that.

I run 92 on my Grand Prix GTP if I run 87 the car runs like crap.

I run 92 on my Grand Prix GTP if I run 87 the car runs like crap.

yep...on our 98gt it was just a gt so it used 87 but my friends 98gtp would do crazy "possesed like" things when on 87 lol. we now have an 05 gtp with the supercharged 3800 seriesIII and its designed to run fine on 87 (which is what is always run in it and does fine) but WILL benefit a little by using 92/94. when my dad changes that SC'er pulley that may change though...we keep getting different answers.

and an edit to my first post: a quick wiki search on the rsx said there were 2 different motors used in the car...neither of which were supercharged....you said that car was used right? i think you my friend have an after market supercharger which also means other internals could also be modded. i would have a mechanic that knows a lot about imports check it out. possibly even have it dyno'ed lol.

shhhhhhh he only knows small blocks.

you guys know how much space is under the hood of a full size dodge right? imagine the first time you open the hood and see there IS no room112_0401_03z_2004_dodge_ram_srt_10_pickup_engine.jpg

Lol, I feel your pain. I find it funny though that they top that amazing beast of en engine with convoluted intake tubing and a crappy airbox...dont you just love all the rules new cars need to adhere to? :D

On the premium gas thing, I have no choice...11:1 CR doesnt play nice on 87 octane :(