pc wont load

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry as i posted im new what is TC. OBTW

TC = thermal compound (such as Artic Silver etc.)

OBTW = Oh by the way...

With the first processor installation (and bent pins), the processor's circuitry wouldn't have been grounded/connected as it requires, I was hoping for your sake it wasn't the CPU but if everything else checks out fine... I must agree with Fanatic you have FUBAR'ed that processer big time :(

Before you go off and apply thermal paste/compound to your new processor (insitu in ZIF socket on motherboard) may I direct your attention to Artic Silver's (interactive) thermal paste application guide HERE :D

what do you mean smells of swollen and leaking caps. i dont understand. is this better?

No not really... that brings your motherboard under suspicion, capacitors are vital to the electrical flow regulation within any given circuit (in this case a motherboard), effectively minimising the 'ripple' of the current (which has both highs and lows), this in turn keeps the components (installed) well supplied with a steady current.

Heat and low quality materials/manufacturing process are the primary causes of capacitor degredation, see an example of a swollen capacitor below...

post-3835-1169185455_thumb.jpg

AFAIK everything was functioning properly prior to 'spring cleaning' the PC, would/could you confirm this please dias?

ok so artic silver 5 is my best bet if i remove my heat sink in future will my cpu stick to heat sink with artic silver and pull my cpu out like the stock kind did? and thank you again

The CPU isn't supposed to come away with the heatsink, the ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket the CPU sits in has a lever to apply tension to the pins & retain it securely (effectively a lock)

Edited by tazwegion

ok as far as the picture shows caps are rounded on top mine are flat. my pc was running fine i just finished playing titan quest. and went and cleaned it. when i removed the fan/heatsink the processer came out so i tried to put back in and thats when i bent pins. so i removed cpu from heat sink fixed pins and placed the cpu in. then locked it in then heat sink lockked it in and fan wire.

a fried process would get you nothing outside of a beep code. you would never see the bios screen.

bad caps, which could even reside inside the power supply can cause wrong power outputs to various vital components. this is generally what I find when dealing with PC's with your symptoms. the other less common cause for your symptoms is actually where some resistor, capcitor or other SMALL component was knocked off the motherboard durring the cleaning. I've seen small resistors come off boards when simply sprayed with the cans of compressed air. but again both are common on lower end components, which a Acer built system would be filled with :( remember it's thier OEM version of thier motherboard, which is a cheaper version of thier already horrid retail boards.

taz, it's very common for A64 chips to stay affixed to the HSF like that. as long as you pull straight (which he'd have to if it went back in fine and sometimes posts). as a betting man I'd put my money on the cpu being fine.