pc wont load

please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean for this to sound like you're not capable of fixing this yourself. I'm just offering my suggestion based on experience in fixing this type of issue.

but your best bet for lessening the time wasted and aggrivation would be to get it to a local PC shop. and I don't mean best buy, circuit city or compusa (you've already done more trouble shooting than they're equipped or trained for). find a little ma and pa shop that BUILDS onsite. that's going to be your best option at this point. They will be equipped to tear it down, and test individual components by swapping components until they have the problem. just let them supply the parts for testing instead of just jumping the gun and buying what ever you think might be the problem... and getting stuck with them or zinged for restocking and shipping fees. you will have to end up paying a small service fee for diagnostics, but many shops tend to apply that towards the repair once the problem is found. plus it's a LOT faster than ordering new parts, finding out it's not the problem and sending it back.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im putting in shop monday for processer to be in stalled by a lil shop. while there i will make sure it works before i leave. if it dont ill have them fix what ever they find wrong. the cpu is on the way will be here monday. they said they would install cpu for $20. so cant beat that and thank you for they reply bigred. ill let you all no what they say and ill let you all know next week.

Edited by dias

yea i new that! as i was asking a compound that doesnt harden so hard so that the cpu will stay in socket when i pull out my heat sink. wouldnt you short out cpu if u put on pin i would think but yes i know lil goes on top of cpu and a lil goes on bottom of heat sink only were cpu meets it. also if to much compound is used it wont transfer heat right but if to little well same really burn up do to over heating. i just wanted to know witch transfered most heat. as far as the compounds sorry im not good at grammer as i probly miss spelled it. but thank you for the info. :}

ok heres the deal i brought my pc and had them to get the cpu installed today. while i was there i told the service guy what the problems i was having he said most likely my cpu but it could be my psu. as bigred stated before!! so he tested with a tester light all was good but the 5watt one so he still installed my cpu and my new fan/heatsink. i was watching who time ok the fan/heat sink had a mount that had to be installed on mobo so he removed it to in stall. he put back together and i came home pluged it in and nothing no power no nothing. so did my psu just go out are did he do something wrong?

help plz

them= shop

taz, it's very common for A64 chips to stay affixed to the HSF like that. as long as you pull straight (which he'd have to if it went back in fine and sometimes posts).

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind when I eventually pull down either of my A64 systems for cleaning in the future ;)

dias are you saying that the PSU tester indicated that all was fine except the 5 volt output? <_<

Edited by tazwegion

if the 5v rail is bad.... DUH it's the PSU and more than likely was never the CPU. I figured this was a power related issue all along (be it the votage regulation on the mobo or the PSU).

well I guess I'm somewhat saddened that a shop would not have told you the PSU was bad right then and there and offered to sell / install a new on ON THE SPOT :( that's an offense in my stores that is unforgivable and results in termination. systems that are in for service must be FIXED before they leave, simply telling you it's still a problem and letting it go is not cool. testing it after installing a new CPU should entail getting it into windows, and then a 2 hour burn in test for "upgrades" and 24 hours for "repairs".

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind when I eventually pull down either of my A64 systems for cleaning in the future ;)

dias are you saying that the PSU tester indicated that all was fine except the 5 volt output? <_<

yes all but -5 volt was good