Tuniq Tower Weight

Uber

Alright well im looking for a few things to cool this Q6600 i have sitting here, and it looks like this Tuniq Tower 120 is the top air cooler for now... but its HUGE!!!

anyone with one running into any issues with this monster hanging off of your CPU, also what is the clearance like i have one of the Lian Li cases coming and wanted to make sure it would all clear inside the case. Also i need to make sure im not damaging anything as my case kinda gets jostled around a bit sitting on the desk. If not i will look into other methods of cooling.

I had 2 pounds of copper and fans (Cooler Master Hyper 6) Hanging off my mobo for 2 years, without an issue. 120mm tall and i had about 5 centimeters of space. (Plenty for a 80mm fan on the side window in front of it

155mm=Tuniq So, that should be plenty of room . (Width of pc-60= 210mm) so yeah, you should have a lot of space left over

There shouldn't be any clearance issues with an mobo, it has 5cm of space after contact with the CPU which should clear most caps/heat sinks/memory. Best thing to do IMO is to get a ruler and measure a 131mmX108mm square over the socket and see if it doesn't run into a fan (on the back)

Edited by The Unforgivin

• 2 weeks later...

Uber, the Tuniq Tower isn't that heavy at all. I thought the same thing before I bought mine, and when it came I was shocked at how light it actually felt.

There is no way that HSF is going to break a fiberglass pcb board, hehe ;)

Now you wouldn't want to go bouncing the box around dragging it to a LAN party, but sitting on the floor, it's not going to damage anything.

Uber, the Tuniq Tower isn't that heavy at all. I thought the same thing before I bought mine, and when it came I was shocked at how light it actually felt.

There is no way that HSF is going to break a fiberglass pcb board, hehe ;)

Now you wouldn't want to go bouncing the box around dragging it to a LAN party, but sitting on the floor, it's not going to damage anything.

I was curiouse as my everyday case see's ALOT of abuse, kicks bangs, etc.

I am definatly going to look into getting one here soon.

With this HSF on, you don't want to be banging the case around. IF you do that all the time, then it might slowly start stressing the pcb.

Uber get a better fan, 60+ CFM, the stock one is ok, but doesn't really push much air. But if your not really doing a big OC, or your room is cool the stock one will be ok.

Edited by DasFox

Uber get a better fan, 60+ CFM, the stock one is ok, but doesn't really push much air. But if your not really doing a big OC, or your room is cool the stock one will be ok.

What?!? WHAT?!? C'mon man!

With this HSF on, you don't want to be banging the case around. IF you do that all the time, then it might slowly start stressing the pcb.

Check my Sig out ;)

he's gonna put a QX6600ES under there, hell yea he's gonna be OCing like mad!

Yup the Q6600ES will be under there, im going to see how well this TT Big Typhoon, and Freezer 7 Pro works.