What Do You Think Of These Components?

zigen

hmmm seems like core2 is what lots of people like...

what have people gotten for OC's on water for e6600's?

People seem to be hitting 4Ghz+ on water, even on big air that is an achieveable OC current Record is over 5Ghz ;)

so with nice coolign you should be seeing 3.6-4.4Ghz clocks i would think.

mmmmm.... conroe on water........<drool> :P

I haven't seen much in the way of Conroes and water around here, and I'm starting to get disappointed. It makes me want to convert my setup over to 775! E6600, eVGA 680i board, 2x1GB DDR2, Storm block, ddc pump.... it's only like $1000!!!

Alas, my setup does everything I need it to and more. It would be stupid. Zigen, you need to get a E6600 and take it for a swim! If not for yourself, do it for OCC! :)

EDIT###

Also, don't get the Ehiem 1250. Take it from someone who owns one. It's outdated. I bought mine before I knew about the DDC pump from DangerDen. It's much better! Also, if I had it to do over again, I would definately get the Swiftech Storm block. It's about $30 more, but I think between the performance and the universal fitments it's worth it.

mmmmm.... conroe on water........<drool> :P

I haven't seen much in the way of Conroes and water around here, and I'm starting to get disappointed. It makes me want to convert my setup over to 775! E6600, eVGA 680i board, 2x1GB DDR2, Storm block, ddc pump.... it's only like $1000!!!

Alas, my setup does everything I need it to and more. It would be stupid. Zigen, you need to get a E6600 and take it for a swim! If not for yourself, do it for OCC! :)

EDIT###

Also, don't get the Ehiem 1250. Take it from someone who owns one. It's outdated. I bought mine before I knew about the DDC pump from DangerDen. It's much better! Also, if I had it to do over again, I would definately get the Swiftech Storm block. It's about $30 more, but I think between the performance and the universal fitments it's worth it.

Well you havent long to wait, as soon as i get my E6600 i will be putting it under water, or under a TEC depends :)

1.1+ is attainable on air im at 3.51 on air at 43c with dual folding running.

siiick.

methinks after i get outta debt i might be building a new rig...

my socket a is so OLD!!

well i have put like 6k+ in my car for the last year and a half...

missing body parts and all!!:

dsc00274640jo5.jpg

The p5b does high FSB with a 965 chipset but the 975 outoerforms it but has high fsb problems. The 680i doesnt outperform the 975 either but does not take as big a performance compared to the 965. The best thing is to read up and see which will fit the style of OC you want. The 975 does well with an upward adjustable multiplier ( 6800 or Quad core )to keep in the chipsets range and the others do well for higher fsb. Take a look hereto get a better idea about the 975 chipset.

The p5b does high FSB with a 965 chipset but the 975 outoerforms it but has high fsb problems. The 680i doesnt outperform the 975 either but does not take as big a performance compared to the 965. The best thing is to read up and see which will fit the style of OC you want. The 975 does well with an upward adjustable multiplier ( 6800 or Quad core )to keep in the chipsets range and the others do well for higher fsb. Take a look hereto get a better idea about the 975 chipset.

good to know.

but like i said in my first post, im looking for HIGH fsb/memory and low multiplier, as opposed to high multi, low fsb.

will be purely for that processor, nothing else.

i build completely new rigs, not just upgrade piece by piece, so future is not a factor.

I would aim for the Gigabyte DQ6 I think its called. I only heard good things about that, it's supposed to OC well, but I don't know what chipset that would be atm. Otherwise the evga 680i seems like a good choice as well, although it has the cons ccockeman mentioned.