Windows Vista

ir_cow

I got my technet subscription a few days ago (well, really, it's my brothers, but full accsess, ftw), but I'm waiting on getting my HDD's.

So, how's Vista? And Office 07?

More importantly, how's Office 07 compared to OpenOffice?

Yes, a little OT, but, meh.

I know I've brought this up numerous times on this site, and you in particular. YOU are not entitled to your bother's licenses under HIS tech net subsciption. HIS agreement with MS is that he will only use the software for HIS computer for HIS purposes. he is NOT allowed to give the software away or sell it in any way shape or form. giving YOU the software is in direct violation of the agreement he has with MS. and it is ILLEGAL for you to use that software.

now back on subject. Vista is NOT worth it right now. especially the media center craptions having all the screwed up proplems they have right now. Drivers are still a problem... which annoyes me to no end considering what I was doing when I worked for MS. it's like all that work we did was for nothing :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: The MCE stuff has a lot of driver related issues. Other than that Vista and Office 2007 have worked fine for me. Vista is designed a lot different and takes some getting used to, but once you get used to it is fine. My biggest problem with the two of them is how badly they hog resources. :angry:

it's actually a DRM problem. all of the DVD's I have encoded on my server can be played back fine in XP MCE, but they don't even show up in Vista's MC. explorer sees them fine, and if you click on them it does open WMP and they play back fine.

microsoft says the videos must be encoded by Vista MC's own encoder... which isn't even finished!

I tried out a Vista Beta 2 OS a while back. I did think the OS looked nice to the eye, not having any support for programs was so annoying. I kept having to go to Wiki and look under supported programs to see what I could get. It was a complete waste of time. I know that I'm holding off on Vista for a while.

I installed the final version on my computer after having tried out the first Release Candidate. It was nice at first, especially the graphics (I'm a huge Mac OS X fan, so a pretty OS is a big plus in my book). However, as I continued to use it, I found little aspects of it that were just plain annoying and added up to the point where I switched back to Windows XP.

Doesn't really matter anyway, I only use my PC to watch movies or rip DVDs. Most of my daily use is on my Mac :D

Vista is NOT worth it right now. especially the media center craptions having all the screwed up proplems they have right now. Drivers are still a problem... which annoyes me to no end considering what I was doing when I worked for MS. it's like all that work we did was for nothing :(

:withstupid: These are one of the problems I faced myself. MCE for Vista is slow and it has very bad driver issues and support especially for my TV Tuner, which did work with the MCE for XP.

I been wanting to get Vista since I heard about, but now I'm probby going to wait too. I want to get the 64-bit version but I'm delayed by the driver support. Same with XP 64-bit. M$ needs to step up to the plate and solve these minor issues be4 people can even consider buying their product. I'm also a major gamer and I haven't really seen any reviews about gaming on Vista.

I been wanting to get Vista since I heard about, but now I'm probby going to wait too. I want to get the 64-bit version but I'm delayed by the driver support. Same with XP 64-bit. M$ needs to step up to the plate and solve these minor issues be4 people can even consider buying their product. I'm also a major gamer and I haven't really seen any reviews about gaming on Vista.

Exactly my feelings on it