Windows Vista

ir_cow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried it way back in the day when it was still Longhorn and it was mehh....I'm waiting to get a new laptop this spring/summer for college so I could have Vista loaded on it. To me, Vista doesn't really offer anything that you can't already have in XP...sure a few things are faster/more efficient, but would anyone here pay the $200ish to upgrade when you can simply apply the Vista GUI package on top of XP and have basically the same thing?

I know I've brought this up numerous times on this site, and you in particular. YOU are not entitled to your bother's licenses under HIS tech net subsciption. HIS agreement with MS is that he will only use the software for HIS computer for HIS purposes. he is NOT allowed to give the software away or sell it in any way shape or form. giving YOU the software is in direct violation of the agreement he has with MS. and it is ILLEGAL for you to use that software.

now back on subject. Vista is NOT worth it right now. especially the media center craptions having all the screwed up proplems they have right now. Drivers are still a problem... which annoyes me to no end considering what I was doing when I worked for MS. it's like all that work we did was for nothing :(

Wow, why so touchy? And before, he was going to get MSDN.

Technet is just 10 activations...

It offers me a lot. I built this machine with Vista in mind. Including my DX10 video card. DX10 is worth it alone. But things I have read lead me to believe that there will be a DX10 release for XP, but not until after Vista has been out for a while. Again, this is purely what I inferring from the vast amount of reading I have done on Vista. I'm disabled. I have a lot of time on my hands and I love to learn. So all I do is read. I have the 8800 Vista x64 graphics drivers. I have yet to get Steam on there. I had to do a reload today so I haven't gotten into it. Give me until Saturday and I'll have benchmarks for you.

Edited by EightBitH3R0

Wow, why so touchy? And before, he was going to get MSDN.

Technet is just 10 activations...

it's called following the law. and OCC does NOT discuss breaking the law (which you keep doing).

Instead of breaking the law, you could just go out and spend 100 bucks for an OEM copy of XP Media Center. Not bad in my book...

Or write your own OS! Then after all that hard work and money, give it away to everyone. Then the problem is solved.

btw ghost.... I can tell you what's in that EULA for several reasons.

1: been a part of the beta / MSDN / Tech.net programs since 1997

2: have been a microsoft authorized reseller for the last 3 years

3: worked @ microsoft for almost a year