Seattle Airport Removes Christmas Trees

i_lag

Think this... if somone says Merry Christmasto you, nothing happens. If somone says Happy Hanukkah to you, you might stop and say.. weird? I don't celebrate Haunukkah, why are they assuming I do? It's the same way for anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas. Just say Happy Holidays, or if you know them, change it to what they celebrate.

Oh, and I thought of OCC today when I walked past the 12 foot menorah on my school's green. Everyone should just move up to Vermont, we're far cooler than the rest of this danged country B:)

Actually, don't move up here, that's what we have going for us. :wub:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still want to see somebody give back their Christmas bonus because they are offended by the word Christmas.

in 25 years i have never had an employee who was so offended...

i am going to make a point of asking them this year.

anyone who is offended by my offering of Christmas bonuses to make their holiday a little brighter...

is quite welcome to refuse my gift.

i will not rename my gift.

to clarify...

these bonuses are for Christmas, and do not have anything to do with their year end profit sharing bonuses.

a true Christian is tolerant of all people.

if they are not, then they are not Christian.

Everyone should just move up to Vermont, we're far cooler than the rest of this danged country B:)

Actually, don't move up here, that's what we have going for us. :wub:

AGREED (I live in NH)

All the worlds stupidity can stay right where it is... <_<

Edited by Andrewr05

Pollitical correctness gone retarded! :P

Christmas trees, & Santa... where's the religious significance? the current style Santa is more heavily based on the 50's Coca-Cola styled icon than his historical counterpart/predessor St. Nicholas of the 4th century & I don't recall anything about decorated pine trees in the Biblical Studies we had at school (way back whenever) :blink:

Perhaps they coulda' just sicked Mel Gibson on the Rabbi eh? ROTFLMAO :lol:

BTW Lo' a decent human being attempts to be tolerant of others (and their beliefs) religious upbringing/indoctrination has nothing to do with it ;)

Edited by tazwegion

Wait doesn't holiday kinda look like holy-day? Maybe we shouldn't use that either... And the Christmas tree actually has pagan roots: Wiki

With likely origins in European pre-Christian pagan cultures, the Christmas tree has gained an extensive history and become a common sight during the winter season in numerous cultures.

Hmmmm... not too definite eh? :P

All-in-all... isn't it supposed to be the season of goodwill to all? not setting your lawyer loose on one another over symbolisim <_<

Edited by tazwegion

i still want to see somebody give back their Christmas bonus because they are offended by the word Christmas.

in 25 years i have never had an employee who was so offended...

i am going to make a point of asking them this year.

anyone who is offended by my offering of Christmas bonuses to make their holiday a little brighter...

is quite welcome to refuse my gift.

i will not rename my gift.

to clarify...

these bonuses are for Christmas, and do not have anything to do with their year end profit sharing bonuses.

a true Christian is tolerant of all people.

if they are not, then they are not Christian.

I agree with your last statement to the point that that's how it's supposed to be, but it doesn't alway hold true unfortunately.

As for your other comments regarding a "Christmas bonus," well first off, if you DID go ahead and do what you proposed, an employee can easily sue you and easily win if he/she wanted to. Secondly, I don't receive a Christmas bonus. I get an "End of Year Bonus" ... whose name actually makes more sense because part of its calculation involves a share of the year's profits.

and to taz...you know everything you posted has already been said, right? :P

I agree with your last statement to the point that that's how it's supposed to be, but it doesn't alway hold true unfortunately.

As for your other comments regarding a "Christmas bonus," well first off, if you DID go ahead and do what you proposed, an employee can easily sue you and easily win if he/she wanted to. Secondly, I don't receive a Christmas bonus. I get an "End of Year Bonus" ... whose name actually makes more sense because part of its calculation involves a share of the year's profits.

and to taz...you know everything you posted has already been said, right? :P

if you read my post closely...

you will see that the Christmas bonus is in addition to the year end profit sharing bonus.

it is a gift from me, to my employees.

nothing more, or less.

i surely hope somebody would sue me because they refused my gift for what is was called.

my corporate attorney would have a field day with the moron that brought that suit.

i have absolutely no control over what somebody freely chooses to refuse to accept.

i am therefore not liable.

they would also be very unhappy working for me after attempting to sue me for something so stupid...

if you read my post closely...

you will see that the Christmas bonus is in addition to the year end profit sharing bonus.

it is a gift from me, to my employees.

nothing more, or less.

i surely hope somebody would sue me because they refused my gift for what is was called.

my corporate attorney would have a field day with the moron that brought that suit.

i have absolutely no control over what somebody freely chooses to refuse to accept.

i am therefore not liable.

they would also be very unhappy working for me after attempting to sue me for something so stupid...

If you seriously think you can win a case where you discriminate based on religious beliefs, wow are you sadly mistaken.

& I don't recall anything about decorated pine trees in the Biblical Studies we had at school (way back whenever) :blink:

Me either.

Perhaps they coulda' just sicked Mel Gibson on the Rabbi eh? ROTFLMAO :lol:

That would be great

BTW Lo' a decent human being attempts to be tolerant of others (and their beliefs) religious upbringing/indoctrination has nothing to do with it ;)

What the hell does that have to do with anything?? Thanks for enlightening me anyway :rolleyes:

There are three things I hate in this world:

Thievery

Bigotry

& Australians :lol:

(James Gregory)