Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I really feel like such a noob now, but I am scared to mess with this thing at all. I guess I have a hard time getting to it after spending this kind of money. Can someone walk me through the first steps that I should take to get this thing overclocked?

EDIT: What are the other 680i owners using as a temp monitor? I would assume that you could use nTune. Nothing else is really needed to run OCCT, Orthos, etc., right?

Sorry I disappeared over the last few days, I got some nasty sinus infection--hard read monitors. Anyway, here's the first guide that I used to get my feet wet overclocking the 680. This is the "official" nvidia how-to pdf. I think they go a little overboard on some of the voltages, but it's a good thorough guide. Check it out!

EDIT: What are the other 680i owners using as a temp monitor? I would assume that you could use nTune. Nothing else is really needed to run OCCT, Orthos, etc., right?

Intel TAT, and core temp both seem to be fairly accurate. At least they seem to agree with each other. nTune always reads a couple of degrees cooler for me.

the nview monitoring tool has been VERY accurate to me in terms of temps. But RPMs and voltages are off (voltages are read off of BIOS, not exactly monitored, and the fan speeds are just plain off. Sometimes my nforce fan reads as 10k RPM :rolleyes: )

See nview and core temp with orthos SS.

Yes, that reads 68c, It's actually hitting 74c now... This Si-128 ain't doing what I want it too, I'll be upgrading here in a bit.

A .pdf under NDA, that is awesome! I guess it not confidential anymore.

Wow! 74*C, that is hot. What cooler are you looking at upgrading to?

EDIT: I just noticed a big difference between what CPU-Z and the BIOS voltages say vs. nTune and OCCT. OCCT also lists my Conroe as an Allendale.

EDIT...AGAIN: I got the newest version of OCCT and it shows the right core.

I am starting of very slowly. Right now I am at 279*9, MEM default voltage/Linked @ 2:3, SpeedStep off, Spreadspectrum disabled, CPU core default, FBS 1.4v, SPP 1.5v, and HT 1.55v (maxed out). What is the max safe voltage for the HT?

I am going to run Orthos overnight and see what happens. Suggestions, please!

One more thing...what does"Tjunciton" mean on Core Temp? Yes, I looked it up. Is there a simpler explaination than CoreTemp=Tjunction-Delta?

Finally, which one do I trust, nTune or CoreTemp?

26mar07kn6.th.jpg

Did this thread just die all of a sudden?

Core Temp... heh ntune is usually the same as core temp for me.

But 55c already? I hit that with 1.5 volts @ 3.4ghz :unsure: I think there's something wrong here. Unless your still on stock?

Max HT voltage, there is none. Everybody seems to be running it just fine at max volts

But keep pushing, and I believe tjunction is the max temp in which the CPU will automatically turn off. I tend to ignore it