What Are The Absolute Best Headphones?

Bionix

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b4 you go waste tons of money. .try these

http://www.smalldog.com/product/39691

if you dont like em. .return em.. you can get them at radio shack or circuit city.. but try these.. the only headphones i will use.. ever..!!!

i love em.. and when you compare 20 bucks to the ridicules cost of 150 dollar bose headphones.. these 20 dollar gems sounds just as good

I don't know why you guys have anything against bose. I've used thier speakers for the last 10 years. NEVER had a complaint with them. same goes for thier headphones... though expensive headphones + me = expensive mess.

I don't know why you guys have anything against bose. I've used thier speakers for the last 10 years. NEVER had a complaint with them. same goes for thier headphones... though expensive headphones + me = expensive mess.

read this

http://www.hometheaterblog.com/hometheater...out_bose_1.html

visit any home theater forum and you'll find the same thing. There's a reason people who are acutally into home audio hate bose with an unholy passion

also...

check out this: The Sound and the Fury.pdf

We turn up the volume on the Bose Acoustimass 5 Series III system ($500), which includes two tiny speakers—just 6.2-inches high— and a subwoofer. Bose is the No. 1–selling speaker brand in the country, likely due to the company’s hundred or so retail stores. But it’s certainly not this audiophile’s speaker of choice. “No, no!” Reed yells, not

even a minute into “Rock Minuet,” furiously waving his hands back and forth for us to stop. His complaint? The speakers deliver high- and low-end sound, but no middle. Plus, they display a “harsh high end,” and although the subwoofer adds nice bass, “it makes the guitar sound thin.” A Bose spokesperson says that the speakers are balanced and designed to reproduce low and mid-to-high frequencies “according to the artist’s original performance.” But this artist, for one, disagrees. Still, we give the Bose another shot, this time playing hip-hop artist Mos Def, to test how the speakers handle

heavy bass. “Oh no, oh no,” Reed groans, sitting up to pet Lola, his Jack Russell terrier, who’s curled up on a pillow next to him. “I’d pay money not to hear that.”

Yatze! bose dose suck pretty hard. The problem is that it is usually the best that people have heard. The need to go listen to a nice system playing some dvd-audio and then come listen to the crap fest that bose is again.

It doesn't even have to be dvd audio, just throw on a cd & directly compare bose to another system..and you'll see a huge difference

If you are willing to increase your budget quite a bit (~$200), I own these and I HIGHLY recommend them.

Its worth it if you listen to a decent amount of music. The difference is definitely there.

Edited by ravix

:withstupid:

the Ultimate Ears IEMs are a likely candidate for portable, high-end, sound isolation headphones... they do a few sets a little bit cheaper that are still amazing... there are quite a few brands/manufacturers of IEMs and pretty much all of them are high-end

Edited by hardnrg

Id also have to agree with the UE's they are very very nice. my problem is my ears make quite a bit of wax... so i usually stray from in ear sealing. to top it off my ears have drainage problems when i get sick. But that makes it so my ears are a lot more sensitive to sudden pressure changes, planes are no problem but like pulling sealing earplug out or something of that nature. It hurts like hell....