Argh! Is It Pwn Pronounced "pawn" Or "pown"(lo

Mr Black Cat

Pawn or pown  

57 members have voted

1. 1. is it pawn or pown?

• pown, n00b.
    • pawn, l05er.

I think anyone who would use the term aloud is a bit strange and probably needs some help... More to the point, you can't "own" someone by beating them in a competition, owning is to have physical posession of something.

I don't know about you people, but I don't want to "own" a teenager with a gaming obsession. :lol: But I would like to beat them (with a stick). :P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all "pwn" should never be used as a spoken word, you'll just embarass yourself.

when i read it i usually think of it as 'poon' seeing how i make a clear distinction in my mind between it an the word 'own'.

Edited by invidious

Own is a word in my regular vocabulary. At my HS its pretty popular. Pwned may slip out once in a while when talking about gaming. As far as "double you tee eff" goes, Ill say that once in a while in a mocking tone.

I pronounce pwn something like pay-wn, which is spelling it out in hungarian. It would be more like peh-weh-en with the eh? as in the canadian eh?

and i say dued double-u tee eff in real like as a joke. You must include dued! :P

Pawn. As P8 said, you kill the other dude's king (or queen... since it's a strong piece) with a pawn.

But Alice becomes the white queen's pawn and turns into a queen at the 8th square.

Therefore, I don't agree with the connection to chess.