Agrssive Annoying Occ Pop Ups

kobalt

Just want to check with everyone if it's me or does this happends to everybody.

When i log in to OCC and a few times after that i get full page pop ups of something about a free ipod and another one from some survey place. It's to say the least very annoying :angry2:

Just for the record, i do not get any pop ups anywhere else, never had any problems with that ever, especially not here.

Edited by kobalt

:withstupid: i've never gotten a popup from OCC

what browser are you using kobalt?

Just the good ol' explorer :P

It's just that i've been away for a while and seeing this really struck me funny.

I'll check everything on this side see if something went trough

Thnx for the response ;)

Edited by kobalt

I just finished a complete scan with ewido anti spyware (from AVG) and checking out the replys i got in the mail it still jumped on me

One f them looks like this

Edit: i've always used AVG for as long as i can remember, never had any problems with anything so much so that i had to voluntarily upload a virus to see if it was really working

post-5263-1157641689_thumb.jpg

Edited by kobalt

steps to pop-up free bliss

1) stop using IE as your main browser: Firefox and Opera are suitable alternatives, even IE 7 beta 3 is an improvement on IE 6 imo

2) run AdAware, and Spybot Search & Destroy to look for ADWARE/SPYWARE

3) possibly download an Ad-blocking extension if you want ALL popup ads to stop*

* since switching to Firefox i have had ZERO spyware/adware, and no peculiar browser behaviour like i had with IE, but some site have their own popup ads, you can block these with additional extensions if you want, i don't have any of these ad-blocking extensions installed because quite frankly, if you use Firefox/Opera, popup ads aren't really a problem and certainly don't appear on sites that didn't specifically intend for them to be there

steps to pop-up free bliss

1) stop using IE as your main browser: Firefox and Opera are suitable alternatives, even IE 7 beta 3 is an improvement on IE 6 imo

2) run AdAware, and Spybot Search & Destroy to look for ADWARE/SPYWARE

3) possibly download an Ad-blocking extension if you want ALL popup ads to stop*

* since switching to Firefox i have had ZERO spyware/adware, and no peculiar browser behaviour like i had with IE, but some site have their own popup ads, you can block these with additional extensions if you want, i don't have any of these ad-blocking extensions installed because quite frankly, if you use Firefox/Opera, popup ads aren't really a problem and certainly don't appear on sites that didn't specifically intend for them to be there

1- It's all nice but it never happened before and is not happening anywhere else, so switching a browser that i'm comfortable with, plus add blocking extension to stop this one pop up i only see at OCC sounds a bit drastic :huh: .

I already did a scan, right after some members said they didn't have the problem and the spyware shield is quite active

Ah well ! Forget it, one way... or the other i'll make it stop. <_<