I Need Help But I Don't Know

Queenz

And you're still buying shoes and care more about what others think about you (lack of personal identity?), than you do about saving money.

I have nothing against splurging occasionally, but that much on shoes just so you can look good in school... yea, that's just a waste.

I got everything I wanted when I was growing up? LMAO. Ever since my father got PTSD and lost his job, we could hardly afford basic groceries. We could hardly even get by on the measly paychecks my mother got by working two jobs. I had to work for things I wanted, and I still do.

I look down on your mental age, not your physical age, as you still have growing up to do. A lot of it, among other developments.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

college is more important than both :) especially when books are overpriced and happen to be written by the teacher wrote it themselves. proper balancing is the best method to use. shop smart and dont splurge on BS all the time hehe.

see you have it right. paying for college WILL get you more for your money in the end.

queenz... you just stated you don't have the money to buy the shoes because you spent the $$$ on water cooling. I really think you need to re-evaluate your lack of logic there before trying to mouth off. as a parent I cringe every time I have to hear crap like this.

All right ladies, that's enough. Budget balancing, jobs, and race are all off-topic issues.

In case you have forgotten, Queen asked if he can fit into kids shoes because he can't afford to get the adult size.

Well, just go there and try them out, and don't give a crap about what the store attendant thinks of you :P.

again a valid point. stating the obvious choice that should have been made in the first place.

but it still doesn't resolve the reason he's concerned about it...

http://www.instyleshoes.com/nikeshoes/304775081.htm those ones right? if so, oh god i want those so badly, too bad most sites that sell them are not the real ones though.

anyways go to your local shoe store and try out a big kids size 7, honestly i think your SOL, so your gonna have to pay double the price sadly :( which reminds me i need another few more pairs of shoes just for this semester of school :) too bad my sneaker money was spent on books...

ew, are those seriously the shoes?! I wouldn't pay $20 for those POS's, let alone $200!!!

I used to only buy Nike or Reebok sneakers, but just the other week I ended that 25 year trend by getting a pair of Sketchers for $40. I just couldn't resist the price, and they comfortable and looked just as good as all the other sneakers I was considering.

And when you live here in NYC and go to schools here that all people do is judge you on if you have the lastest jordans, or nike, or ecko, or whatever like ghetto stuff.
Oh please. And since when do you let others dictate (what's supposed to be) YOUR style?!

You sound just like my idiot brother...thinking brands and prices actually mean crap. Tell me you pay $50 for some pre-ripped, faded jeans too?! :rolleyes: I think bigred's right; you need to set your priorities straight. And don't give me that crap about being in NYC. Maybe you should pay attention to the news more instead of worrying about what your classmates think you spend on clothing. NY Knick Stephon Marbury has the right idea.

ew, are those seriously the shoes?! I wouldn't pay $20 for those POS's, let alone $200!!!

I used to only buy Nike or Reebok sneakers, but just the other week I ended that 25 year trend by getting a pair of Sketchers for $40. I just couldn't resist the price, and they comfortable and looked just as good as all the other sneakers I was considering.

Oh please. And since when do you let others dictate (what's supposed to be) YOUR style?!

You sound just like my idiot brother...thinking brands and prices actually mean crap. Tell me you pay $50 for some pre-ripped, faded jeans too?! :rolleyes: I think bigred's right; you need to set your priorities straight. And don't give me that crap about being in NYC. Maybe you should pay attention to the news more instead of worrying about what your classmates think you spend on clothing. NY Knick Stephon Marbury has the right idea.

hammer.jpg

NY Knick Stephon Marbury has the right idea.

while they're not really my taste in shoes (not that I like the Jordan's any better), nor do I really care for him as a player, I have to say I love the idea there! excellent business model. and let's face 2 facts in that whole thing.

1: probably costs as much to make as the $200 pair of nike shoes. most of which goes towards paying the player for the rights to use thier NAME.

2: sell 1 million pairs of shoes at a $5 profit over 50,000 pairs at a $10 profit... you can hopefully do the math on that one.

Way I see it everybody has their thing.

Queenz has his clothes and water cooling.

Big Red has his Broncos and Escalades and Chargers.

KB is now addicted to BAWLS. :)

As long as nobody is hurting anyone but themselves who cares what homeboy does with his 40 bucks? If I had 40 bucks... I would probably blow it taking the wife out to dinner. Who frickin cares?

He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself....

But if you like those shoes (personally I think they look terrible) then go for it, but I'd definitely wait until you don't have to pay $100+ for them. Personally I'd take a $40-50 pair of Pumas any day.

Edit: that Starbury stuff looks pretty cool...may have to pick up some stuff for myself, especially if the shoes are that cheap.

I just don't want to cause any troble ok and that goes to you too bigred. All I was doing is asking about a shoe size thing and talking to that nice guy swifty. And as you can see I am trying to save money by buying big kids shoes not mens. If its a deal hell yeah I will go for it. I can understand about saving money for important things. If you knew this I don't exactly come from the rich family. My mom and dad work to jobs together and barely have anytime home to spend with me because they are too busy trying to keep a roof over my head, food on the table, and clothes on my back. But for once out of the whole year if my dad actually offers to buy some good shoes because he never does this ofcoarse I am going to take it. I aint rich you know. I can't afford that X6800 rig you have bigred, or all those freaking cars. And did you ever even think about donating a car to a family that actually really needs it? I see mothers and fathers and their kids having to walk out in below freezing weather just to go grocery shopping for their family. And here your enjoying yourself to its fullest with all these fancy pancy cars. Thats why I try to do good in school so that my future family won't be going threw things I go threw. So my kids will get the stuff they want. And they will get to see their daddy everyday. Which is time I barely get with my dad. Seriously wtf is money if you don't got your parents here with you.