Rig Doesnt Start

EB2600

Sounds like your cpu is toast, your motherboard probably has a temperature over protect on it. I had that and my cpu was fried, the mobo would shut down after just a few seconds to prevent anything else in the system from going with it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your cpu is toast, your motherboard probably has a temperature over protect on it. I had that and my cpu was fried, the mobo would shut down after just a few seconds to prevent anything else in the system from going with it.

A fried CPU :blink: ....Hmmm....Did this "wiring" you did involve the CPU?

200 Watts and you asking why its shutting off? Wow.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you Need AT LEAST A 400 watt Power supply for those components.

Wow.

Just Wow.

:angry2:

*-*-*-*-Warning-*-*-*-*- Emoticon Abuse Ahead-*-*-*-*

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

i did try to run the motherboard out of its case on a box and nothing happen samething .. btw i do not have the heatsink installed right now b/c it doesnt stay on long anuff.. stays on for 2 sec tops most of the time 1 sec.. yes my motherboard does have the temp auto shut down thing but im sure it didnt kick in.. i would guess this would prob be my psu.. i do wish i had some parts around here but i dont anymore.. i think im going to sell it as is on ebay or something .. startin bid at 100$ how does that sound .. mobo psu 3000+ amd athlon barton and maybe some ram.. i want something with more room inside lol..

from what i understand, if a processor does not have a heatsink on it, the computer will auto shutdown in a few seconds. thats just what i heard, never tried it. id put that heatsink back on and pray the chip aint hurt.

LOL...if it boots up at all :blink:

Guest Raven65

So you said you took the mobo out of the case put it on cardboard ? It didn't work.

If you put it on metal that could be the proble. Most times when people redo their rigs and the computer won't boot it's because the mobo is grounding on something. I'd check to see if maybe you have an extra riser in one of the holes that it's not suppose to be in.

In terms of your power requirements, you will need something better then 350w. The case/computer that you have was not intended to be a gaming machine. Best bet would be to strip the iDeq components and move them to a new case with a better PSU.

You can keep the video card, seeing that it will last for a while. The rest of the stuff... maybe $200 tops?