Rig Doesnt Start

EB2600

I took everything out of the case to run some new wires and then when I put everything back togeather it would only turn on for a sec then turn right back off.. I don't know what to make out of this so I disconnected everything other then the cpu and samething happen on a sec then off.. Then I took the cpu out and it ran.. It stayed on till I turned it off so does this mean the cpu is screwed or does it mean it could be the motherboard too?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats just the prob when i put the cpu back in it it doesnt boot up it just turns on and off really fast.. i have been using this for months now and its been working fine but when i went to install some new cables i got it just stop working.

i just tryed this .. no cables plugged up no ram installed just the cpu and psu installed and samething happen.. im thinking about selling it now b/c i tired of fing with it..

ps the components are listed under my name (new)

200 Watts and you asking why its shutting off? Wow.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you Need AT LEAST A 400 watt Power supply for those components.

Wow.

Just Wow.

:angry2:

it could be a short, try taking everything out and running it on a cardboard box. also see if you can try the cpu in a different mobo. it would be nice to know if maybe it is the cause.

Uh No. 200 Watts is not nearly Enough..

Can you say 49.99$ for a 450 Watt Fortron?

Uh No. 200 Watts is not nearly Enough..

Can you say 49.99$ for a 450 Watt Fortron?

i didnt see your post before i posted. 200 watts seems really low. but he did say hes had it running this way for months. i dunno. definitely get a new psu anyways. use that one to power fans or something if you want a dual psu rig. on second thought, it might not have enough amps on the 12v to run mustiple high cfm fans.