Rig Doesnt Start

EB2600

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One case which can be causing this is....

When you plugged everything back in make sure everything plug is in properly secure and pushed down.

Also.. Some motherboards take 2 power plugs. 8pin & 4pin i know one cause of the same problem is not having the 4pin connected..

So make sure thats in and properly seated.

i emailed the biostar website and they said that 200w is a true 200w like 450w psu. they also said that they did tests where they could show people how much they could push on it and they had a 2 7800fx 1 gig ram 3400+ 64bit all working on that psu. yeah like i said before i ran this thing for months already. guess im going to try and takeout the motherboard and put it on a box to see if its a sort. oh yeah the biggest psu i can find for that case is true 250w psu. its a xpc case.

i emailed the biostar website and they said that 200w is a true 200w like 450w psu. they also said that they did tests where they could show people how much they could push on it and they had a 2 7800fx 1 gig ram 3400+ 64bit all working on that psu. yeah like i said before i ran this thing for months already. guess im going to try and takeout the motherboard and put it on a box to see if its a sort. oh yeah the biggest psu i can find for that case is true 250w psu. its a xpc case.

SLI, AMD, and a gig of ram running on a 200W power supply :blink: ? I find that hard to believe unless theres somekind of catch.

:withstupid: i call that pure BS, no way in hell can a 200w psu run a sli setup of most kind.

Thank you swifty. Hey!!!, ED2600, we needs facts here, not a made up Email about SLI systems running on 200W stock power supplies. Just face it, you're running a 200W power supply, and it needs replacement if you ever want to see that rig of yours ever boot up again.

EB2600, Have you tried a new and/ or different power supply just to eliminate all possiablities? It could be that the power supply shorted out. What I mean is that if it has the overvolt protection, whatever its called exactly, could have blown out, it keeps your parts from frying if something does get shorted out while the PC is in use. If that was to happen then the mobo would still show power as long as nothing else is hook up, but as soon as you connect the 4 pin or hard drive and such, then BAM nothing. I have a new power supply coming in tomorrow for the same problems it sounds like your having. Don't know for sure but I would still try a different PSU first before making rash decisions. :blink: