i aleardy have bought :

ABIT AN8-ULTRA ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor

and i am soon getting:

XFX Geforce 6800GS PVT42GUAD7 Video Card

GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit

the power supply i was looking at was :

FSP Group (Fortron Source) FSP400-60THN-R 400W Power Supply

and some of u said i need a more powerful one so what do u sugest.

i would like to get it under $80 or as close to it :thumbs-up:

id say stick with enermax or antec. antec truepower or enermax noisetaker. you cant go wrong with those, they are rock solid and stable psus. look into 500+ watt psus, 400 is kinda not enough, 450 is still not 100% good.

id say stick with enermax or antec. antec truepower or enermax noisetaker. you cant go wrong with those, they are rock solid and stable psus. look into 500+ watt psus, 400 is kinda not enough, 450 is still not 100% good.

614964[/snapback]

ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT 500W Power Supply

are the enermax liberty's any good????

:blink:

Id suggest the enermax but stay away from the liberty if you don't want a modular. go with the enermax below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103512

614993[/snapback]

i would like a modular n the link is not working

is this better than the liberty ... i have a big case so im not woried about the stiff wires

OCZ ModStream OCZ52012U 520W Power Supply

Edited by DWILLWY

i would like a modular n the link is not working

is this better than the liberty ... i have a big case so im not woried about the stiff wires

OCZ ModStream OCZ52012U 520W Power Supply

615183[/snapback]

If you are willing to go to 110 bucks just throw in the extra 10 and go with the factory underrated powerstream 520 - still not many PSU's better then it(one being its 600watt big brother).

The powerstream is nice. I just got mine for Xmas and its quite a bit nicer than the Enermax i had. They both had juice to spare but the rails are tighter on the OCZ. Just a few words of advice, If you spend the money on a nice rig dont shortchange the system with a cheap or weak psu.

If you are willing to go to 110 bucks just throw in the extra 10 and go with the factory underrated powerstream 520 - still not many PSU's better then it(one being its 600watt big brother).

616043[/snapback]

:(:(:(:(:(:(

the powerstrean is 140 and its not modular. any outher susgestions ???? i origanaly wanted one around 80 but decided to go to 110 4 a modular one :foldon: